£40000 - £45000 per annum, Benefits: 4 contracted day working week, excellent pension, private health, enhanced paternity/maternity/sickness, progression and training opportunities, 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, holiday buy scheme
+44 (0)151 666 8999
2 days ago
£40000 - 45000, 4 contracted day working week, excellent pension, private health, enhanced paternity/maternity/sickness, progression and training opportunities, 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, holiday buy scheme
Are you interested in joining a well established not for profit organization that’s grown by over 750 staff in the past 10 years, and have scope to grow hugely in the next two years. The businesses remit is to make the UK manufacturing sector more productive and received funding from a variety of different methods including UK government.
The role is to work in the expanding Business and Factory Optimization team working on DES (Discrete Event Simulation) within project-based creative problem solving, system design and optimisation. The candidate will support collaborative projects, bid writing and strategic development with the wider Digital Engineering group and other technology projects.
Should you harbour a keen interest in IOT, industry 4.0 with the following experience within manufacturing and lots of scope for progression then please get in touch.
This business suits individuals who are keen to apply their knowledge in different projects across different industry sectors, this is not a role for someone who prefers to be pigeonholed.
- The candidate will apply knowledge and experience of conducting simulation studies on real engineering problems to help clients achieve their broad ranging goals as they drive towards achieving manufacturing excellence.
- They will support other engineers in delivering consistently high quality projects through technical planning, meeting governance requirements and contributing to
- leadership activities of the team.
- The candidate will contribute to and lead projects in any sector and across the product lifecycle.
- Key project activities include: requirements capture and project scoping; concept modelling and abstracting of client processes; developing appropriate and suitable models informing the delivery of analysis; developing project documentation in line with MTC standards and best practices.
- They will also manage client relationships and expectations for these projects.
- The candidate will manage and lead industrial projects, from customer requirements definition and proposal elaboration, throughout project delivery, completing assigned packages of work to a high quality and agreed costs and time-scales.
- It is also expected that the candidate delivers according to project governance processes, through the creation and maintenance of project plans and status reports, and manage project risk in line with best practises.
- At least 5 years’ experience managing and delivering simulation, modelling and analytical studies.
- Discrete Event Simulation, System Dynamics and or Agent Based Modelling experience
- Technical leadership of project and work package portfolio circa £100k and of strategic initiatives
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis. Agency PAYE, Umbrella and CIS (if applicable) engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.