£35000 - £40000 per annum, Benefits: Pension, Holiday, Other benefits
+44 (0)151 666 8999
3 months ago
Circa £35-40k – holiday, pension, Mon – Fri – Additional Benefits
A great opportunity to work for one of the leading manufacturers in the area, operating several Uk based sites and a strong European presence. Due to expansion the business are looking at taking on a Quality Manager with the overall responsibility for managing and improving quality and systems to meet customer and business requirements in terms of quality, cost, performance and reliability aims for a facility or around 150+ staff.
Should you have experience managing the Quality function within a food, FMCG, packaging or associated business and be keen to develop your skills further in a role with scope to develop then please get in touch.
If you are an experienced Quality Manager/Supervisor our client are happy to train and develop someone within their manufacturing process, so a solid manufacturing background such as Automotive, Packaging, Food, FMCG, Aerospace or similar industry will all be suitable.
The role has responsibility directly for a small team of 4 and indirectly to 4 other shift based Quality Technicians, so the person must be comfortable managing people.
The main areas for delivery of this role are fairly standard inline with any Quality Management role for a company of this type and size, please see below,
- Customer complaints
- Quality (KPI related) – Achieving within the KPI Boundary
- Continued Conformance to Accreditation Standards
- Quality of work produced
- Recommending and overseeing the introduction of robust zero loss preventative measures resulting from operational quality issues
- Housekeeping within the working area
- Work closely with purchasing, technical and operations to seek opportunities to maximize the material usage and review cost effective alternative methods/materials.
- Identify opportunities for cost reduction and maximization of products in the waste stream.
- Respond pro‐actively to quality issues such as internal/external product failures and ensure effective preventative and corrective action.
- Support and drive improvements – through CI, right first time.
- Meeting the demands of the business in terms of quality, hygiene and policies & Managing investigation, Corrective Actions.
- Conducting effective reporting and feedback on customer complaints.
- Ensuring the requirements of BS EN ISO 9001:2015 and BRC Global Standard for Packaging & Packaging Materials are implemented and maintained.
- Maintaining and controlling effective hygiene and quality systems.
- Maintaining records to demonstrate the effective operation of the quality system.
- Managing audits and quality meetings.
- Involvement in Operational & Improvement meetings and activities at sister sites at
- Divisional Levels.
- Utilising quality data trends to identify areas of improvement to assist site objectives
- Working with employees at all levels to promote hygiene and quality awareness, and Standards.
- Attending customer sites and visits in relation to quality issues, and Customer engagement activities.
- Conducting supplier audits as necessary.
- Promoting a strong quality awareness culture throughout the business and initiating, encouraging and measuring quality improvements.
- Managing direct reports within quality team within the site objectives
- Ensuring housekeeping is to the correct quality standard through use of the housekeeping assessment system in line with cells of excellence.
- Ensure that site disciplinary/grievance procedures are adhered to and support where necessary
- To demonstrate at all times a proactive and flexible approach and to carry out any other reasonable duties as and when directed by the Production Manager
- Management, Development and Implementation of Inspection and testing processes and procedures.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis. Agency PAYE, Umbrella and CIS (if applicable) engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.