£50000 - £70000 per annum, Benefits: Holiday, Pension, Car Allowance, Additional Benefits
+44 (0)151 666 8999
4 months ago
£50-70k Plus Car Allowance £5k, Pension, Healthcare, Excellent Benefits
Cheshire (Malpass) – Home working is flexible but must be able to commute to Malpass daily if needed
An exciting opportunity to join a key player in the provision or environmental solutions, services and technologies at their office based in rural Cheshire.
The role will have oversight of 2 team members and look after the management of ongoing projects relating to effluent treatment projects across the UK particularly focusing on food and beverage manufacturing businesses and similar types of manufacturing organisation.
This role seems a Project Manager with a proven track record in managing a range of ‘in parallel’ installation and fabrication (M&E) projects to deliver projects on time, on budget and with zero accidents.
The post holder will be expected to deliver typical projects ranging from £5,000 - £250,000, although occasional projects may be up to £1.5m – £2m. Typical portfolio of work will be to manage up to 5-10 mixed value projects in parallel depending on scope.
- To manage projects; attend handover for secured work for effluent treatment projects for customers in the food and beverage sector.
- The scope of the role will include: visit sites, liaise with Clients, support rapid tender preparation and manage all aspects of site installation and supplier management including initial on site evaluation and outline design
- To manage CAD design drawings of projects
- To manage the project delivery stage; management of staff, materials used and financial management.
- To manage the financial aspects of the project so as to deliver on budget or better and working in close co- operation with accounts team.
- To produce cashflow forecasts, activity payment schedules, submit applications / invoices, authorize payment of suppliers and maintain contact with clients regarding payment and achievement of KPI’s
- To participate in project risk evaluation
- To place frequent orders for materials, plant and equipment in line with requirements and in accordance with the purchasing procedures.
- To implement projects that may include water or wastewater treatment processes installed as complete plants or as discrete units as key parts of refurbishment plan.
- To maximize opportunities to in-source manufacturer and use of installation teams.
- To provide feedback to Business development / sales colleagues on performance in the field, market intelligence and new opportunities.
- To negotiate with suppliers in partnership with accounts of specification and price.
- To gain support from resources for off-site manufacture and site installation.
- To manage the preparation of method statements, risk assessments, all aspects of H&S, quality & environment as required, organizing materials and equipment, briefing staff on details of the work and management on site, liaison with customers
- To assist in the continuous development of computer- based systems to improve efficiency of all above activities, particularly tender build up spreadsheet and job cost control systems.
- To liaise with colleagues to ensure future inputs are properly coordinated and maximum use of time efficiency is applied
- Flexibility to attend offices, sites, workshop outside of normal hours.
- Good working knowledge/Background in Mechanical Engineering
- Competent in running several projects in parallel within effluent treatment/water treatment
- Good capability in budgetary control and cashflow management at a project level.
- CSCS card (relevant and valid)
- Full valid UK Driving Licence
- Microsoft office proficient (Word, Excel, Project) numerate and able to write regular reports.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis. Agency PAYE, Umbrella and CIS (if applicable) engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.