£26000 - £28500 per annum, Benefits: 25 days holiday, pension
+44 (0)151 666 8999
about 1 month ago
£26-28.5k, pension, 25 days holiday,
A fantastic opportunity to join an expanding, forward thinking business in Haltwhistle joining their large engineering team. This role is shift based and will suit and experienced Mechanical Maintenance Engineer from a manufacturing background to help maintain the facility.
This role suits someone used to working in within a fast moving manufacturing/FMCG, food, packaging environment, with the ability to work on proactive planned and reactive maintenance.
- Work safely at all times, observing site rules and relevant health and safety
- legislation at all times
- Carry out all PPM activities as required in maintenance schedule.
- Provide assistance when required on breakdowns to all plant and equipment
- Inform production / manager of timescales and any required escalations
- Ensure all mandatory checks are completed and recorded as scheduled
- Carry out predictive maintenance and effect repair when required
- Identify and implement any improvements to processes and machine
- Identify and escalate any activity that has potential to cause harm or damage
- Assist with moving, installation repositioning of machines and equipment
- Carry out shop work when required (Crusher repairs, frame overhauls etc)
- Complete Hazard forms and T Cards as required
- Maintain a high standard of housekeeping
- Be trained to required level of hydraulic and pneumatic knowledge
- Provide fabrication, metalworking and pipe fitting function
- Basic skills in all aspects of machining (Turning, Milling etc)
- Identify and maintain spares requirement
- Understand engineering and technical information
- Provide cover to shift teams as and when required
- FMCG manufacturing background as part of a maintenance team
- Recognised qualification in Mechanical engineering/time served HNC prefferable
- PC literate
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis. Agency PAYE, Umbrella and CIS (if applicable) engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.