£44000 - £50000 per annum, Benefits: plus car allowance and 15% bonus
+44 (0)151 666 8968
4 months ago
£44,000 - £49,000 plus car allowance and a 15% bonus
A multinational Pharmaceutical company is looking to appoint an experienced Senior Technical Specialist within their Analytical Sciences team.
The Senior Technical Specialist is a senior member of the Analytical Sciences team. It is a support role that provides technical expertise in Mass Spectrometry method development and analysis with a focus on large molecules / protein chemistry.
- Responsible for pioneering the Mass Spectrometry strategies for complex biologics and advancing CMC analytical strategies and regulatory strategies.
- Responsible for building and working with a network of external connections to ensure the company’s visibility in the Biopharmaceutical Industry and Academia and establishing their credibility through delivery of external presentations and meetings with potential stakeholders, partners, in-licensing companies and academia.
- Responsible for planning the Analytical Characterisation testing for new product development programmes, which may encompass fully in-house programmes, in-licensed products and products in development with stakeholders or partners and ensures the characterisation testing is performed on time, on budget and in compliance with the established regulatory standards.
- Responsible for reviewing the required analytical physicochemical characterisation data to support Regulatory Filings. In addition, provide technical expertise to assist in trouble shooting analytical issues during in-house or outsourced analysis.
A minimum qualification of a Bachelor degree in a relevant science field. The successful candidate will also hold a PhD and/or have relevant industrial or experience within the biologics industry or academia within the field of protein characterisation (including viral proteins).
- Significant experience of product analysis of pharmaceutical / biopharmaceutical products by Mass Spectrometry – HPLC-QQQ-MS
- Advanced experience of either Waters, Thermofisher or Sciex Mass Spectrometers would be preferred but other vendor experience would be considered.
- Strong organisational skills
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Strong scientific knowledge and commitment to learning and keeping abreast of new technologies within their field
- Excellent team player and ability to work independently
- Experience in the use of statistical techniques for the planning and analysis of experiments
- High attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to influence outcomes.
- Experience with product analysis of pharmaceutical / biopharmaceutical products.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis. Agency PAYE, Umbrella and CIS (if applicable) engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.