£35000 - £50000 per annum
+44 (0)151 666 8958
BC Surveyor - Milton Keynes
3 months ago
Scantec are working with a unique Approved Inspector that has grown significantly in recent months, subsequently seeking the addition of a Building Control Surveyor (part or fully qualified) to support business growth for their client base between Milton Keynes and the M25.
This opportunity is perfect for a Building Control professional who wants to enhance their personal development as part of a growing team, whilst also having a direct impact on both the direction of the company and the wider industry as a whole.
The team has a vastly diverse client base, operating across both Commercial and Domestic sectors so they are able to tailor the workload to suit your expertise. Due to being a smaller AI, your individual contribution is recognised and rewarded with a strong work-life balance and a competetive salary.
- To deliver agreed procedures to provide effective building control services on a range of projects in terms of size and complexity
- Review of plans and other associated matters for compliance with building regs and associated legislation
- Delivery of site inspections and testing of building works for compliance with building regs and associated legislation
- Liaison with applicants, agents, consultants/statutory bodies and the public
- Preparation of formal schedules of comments and observations whilst ensuring effective follow up and implementation of actions highlighted as part of the inspection process
- Proven relevant industry experience within a Building Control environment, carrying out plan checking and site inspections and managing your own projects
- Full or Part membership of a professional body such as RICS, CABE or CIOB
- Extensive knowledge and application of Building Regulations, AI regs and associated legislation
- Ability to undertake basic structural appraisals of submitted designs, relevant to size of project
- Full UK Driving Licence and use of a car
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis. Agency PAYE, Umbrella and CIS (if applicable) engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.