Competitive + package
+44 (0)151 666 8922
about 2 months ago
A leading waste processing organisation are currently looking for a Metal Recovery Process Engineer to join their team in and around the Southern Belt.
The Process Engineer will be responsible for maximising metal recovery ‐ reviewing and continuously improving current operations and implementing best practices across all processing facilities. They will support the design, build and commission of new sites to the highest standards within budget and on time utilising the latest cost-effective technologies available.
- Maximising metal recovery from current facilities, across all feed stocks
- Review, adjust, develop, and maintain control measures to maximise metal revenues
- Implement appropriate control measures and KPI’s with site management and use the output to inform/implement a process of continual improvement
- Regular review of processes, identify opportunities to improve recoveries and implement improvement plans
- Daily performance monitoring and, where appropriate, taking responsibility for timely processing modification actions to improve performance
- Maintain up to date knowledge of metal extraction product, market and process developments, to bring innovation and industry forefront solutions to the extraction process
Delivery & Development of New Projects:
- Take an active role in the specification, development, and delivery of new and upgrade projects for Fortis.
- Proactively manage relevant aspects of the project during the construction phase and ensure that all members of the team are aware of the project objectives and their own responsibilities
- Ensure that the project is properly planned and resourced to ensure it is safe, profitable, and timely delivered
- Ensure that all costs are properly managed and that all resources are effectively and efficiently controlled
- Support Other Parts of the Business with Projects as Required
- Provide necessary information and guidance to operatives and sub‐contractors to enable them to work accurately, promptly, and safely
- Support operations staff with specific production issues to resolve
- Prepare, in partnership with others, budgets, costs reports and forecasts
Health, Safety, Environmental & Legislation:
- Review, record and report the progress and quality of work on projects to ensure that they meet the specification and requirements
- Monitor and manage on foreseeable risks associated with the project
- Undertake CPD to ensure that the knowledge is current and relevant
- Ensure that all legal requirements and company procedures are adhered to and seek to improve safety and a positive safety culture
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis. Agency PAYE, Umbrella and CIS (if applicable) engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.