£21403 per annum, Benefits: Pension Healthcare
+44 (0)151 666 8999
14 days ago
Rushden - Northamptonshire
£21403 basic salary increasing to over £27k after completion of full training (average period 2 years)
Working hours being 12 hour shifts 7.00 – 7.00. 3 days on, 2 off. 3 nights on, 4 off.
A great opportunity to work for one of the leading manufacturers in the area, part of business with over 16k employees and operating over 40 sites in 6 countries. Due to expansion the business are looking at taking on additional technical operatives to their expanding team.
If you have worked within an FMCG, Food, Automotive or General Manufacturing business operating machinery and are seeking to develop technically then this role could be for you. The role will involve the setting of injection and blow moulding manufacturing lines so experience within the plastics is key for this role.
Our client have a designated trainer who will provide full training on their equipment and get you up to speed with site health and safety. They have a clear plan which lasts on average around 2 years, you start as a Grade 1, progress to grade 2 which increased your salary to over £25k and then finally grade 3 which is over £27k, each role comes with more knowledge and responsibility as well as plenty overtime opportunities.
The role is quality focussed, so you’ll need to be accustomed to working to meet product quality specifications and adhering to all appropriate Health and Safety procedures.
This is a great long term employment opportunity where you are rewarded for your hard work and desire to progress your own career. The business also has a fantastic track record of promotion from within and upskilling to other areas of the business, so if your looking for a career and not just your next job then this should appeal.
- Ensure that everyone works in a safe manner, ensuring compliance at all times with Company policy and procedures regarding Health and Safety, standards of product quality, housekeeping and hygiene
- Comply with appropriate PPE requirements at all times
- Stop and start machinery in process.
- Stop and start all ancillary equipment.
- Stop and start extrusion in process.
- Complete colour changes.
- Monitor, maintain and adjust material levels.
- Regular cleaning of hoppers and vacuum filters.
- Ability to work on all grinders.
- Report all hazards by filling in the Hazard Book
- Work as part of a team to achieve production targets
- Perform set daily quality and safety checks.
- Start machines up from cold and complete full measurement of first – off product to
- Conduct short term and long term shut downs.
- Clean pins and dyes.
- Basic adjustments of machinery movements and mechanics.
- Basic timer adjustments.
- Carry out blow pin services.
- Basic adjustments of parison programmers.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis (outside IR35 Determination). Agency PAYE and Umbrella engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.