£1100 - £1300 per day
+44 (0)151 666 8975
13 days ago
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the upcoming drilling activities with assisting in the tender process (tender technical and commercial evaluation and award).
- Review key offset information (DDRs, mud logs, bit records, etc) and develop a drilling issues plan with mitigations previously used and proposed.
- Assist the in-country drilling personnel with managing the existing inactive wells. Develop a plan for what is required to ensure well safety and monitor the inactive wells.
- Conduct a detailed drilling fluid study with the existing mud companies in Kurdistan to optimize the drilling fluids recommendation.
- Assist with designing and implementing the MPD to be used during the upcoming drilling campaign.
- Visit in-country the drilling rig contractors and service companies to assess their capability and equipment condition during the tendering activities.
- Provide third party engineering QaQC for well engineering planning conducted in the Company offices.
- Work with the Performance Drilling Manager to develop a world-class performance drilling team with goals for annual performance improvement.
- Numerous other projects as directed.
- Show strong HSE leadership during the well engineering planning and execution phases.
- Follow up on the performance of the well with respect to established KPIs and develop recommendations for operational improvement. Track service company performances and review reports of non-conformance events.
- B.S. Engineering Degree (Petroleum Preferred)
- Significant industry training courses
- Fluent in English.
- Must have excellent writing skills.
- IWCF or IADC Well Control. Drilling, Completion, Workover, Snubbing, etc preferred.
- Ten plus years of Drilling, Completion, Workover & Well Test experience.
- A significant land rig drilling experience would be a plus.
- Experience with high levels of H2S and CO2 would be a plus.
- Significant experience with well testing and flaring sour gas a plus.
- Major Operator experience.
- Good leadership, writing, and communication skills both verbal and written.
- Pragmatic proactive self-starter who can work independently and in a team environment with minimal supervision.
- Drilling, completion, and well test experience in Kurdistan would be a plus.
- Desire to build and maintain a drilling and completion performance database to optimize drilling capability would be a plus.
- Sensitivity working with different cultures and diverse backgrounds.
- Service company experience would be a plus.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and Landmark Applications (StressCheck, Wellcat, other completion engineering applications, etc).
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis (outside IR35 Determination). Agency PAYE and Umbrella engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.