£35 - £45 per hour
+44 (0)151 666 8918
5 months ago
Scantec are currently looking for an HR Payroll Lead for one of our most prestigious clients.
To lead a team of HR system, data and process professionals in the delivery of HR services to the business -managing the delivery of team activities; providing the relevant technical expertise; ensuring that services are meeting customers’ needs and creating a culture of continuous improvement and process optimisation.
- Lead the HR functional activities required to ensure the implementation, maintenance and ongoing provision of a fit for purpose Software as a Service (SaaS) HRIS which meets the requirements of the business and is developed to maximise the effective use of modern HR technology in the business.
- To support the implementation of the Company Data Management Strategy through the production and maintenance of Data Standards, working with the Architecture team to ensure a content and solutions architecture is implemented that delivers maximum business benefit.
- Deliver effective HR services for our business by utilising and enhancing the existing systems abilities and functionality to build simple and effective processes.
- Setting direction and developing a shared understanding of individuals’ roles in delivering the Company vision and strategy.
- Enabling the performance and results of the team. Making sure that team members have the capabilities to get the work done now and in the future.
- Manage internal and external providers in accordance with agreed SLAs and policies.
- Lead, coach and develop the team at a local level to achieve objectives to time, cost and quality.
- Lead the successful delivery of effective HR services and end-to-end processes for HR.
- Lead the development and delivery of HR analytics and insights, system administration and support.
- Deliver a support capability to research and resolve HRIS problems, unexpected results or process flaws; perform scheduled activities; recommend solutions or alternate methods to meet requirements.
- Ensure legal and regulatory compliance in respect of HR data.
- Use the company process to manage performance of team members and achieve prescribed outcomes for the provided services.
- Create appropriate content to enable delivery of employee communications for annual events
- Provide expert advice on master data management.
- Collaborate with IS and third-party providers to coordinate upgrades or fixes to the SaaS HR systems. Lead the functional review, testing and implementation of regular upgrades and company driven changes.
- Collaborate with other HRIS users (Payroll, Finance, Security etc) to ensure ongoing integrity of the HRIS and effective integration with other systems/applications as appropriate.
- Motivate and develop HR professionals within the team to implement and manage straightforward and flexible HR processes and systems.
- Be the gatekeeper for HR systems, data & processes, ensuring consistency, standardisation, alignment and integration across HR, with effective hand-offs to other functions.
- Regularly review individual and team performance, identify and resolve issues and drive improvements in line with expectations.
- Deal with escalated issues from within HR Operations, CoEs and other HR colleagues and ensure timely resolution.
- Identify, analyse and report on trends within the function to inform HR and business strategies.
- Support business and HR projects through the provision of specialist advice and guidance.
- Manage a personal case load and/or projects, drawing on relevant expertise to resolve complex issues.
- Identify potential risks, issues and opportunities associated with the delivery of service in the function. Work proactively with colleagues across the organisation to mitigate risk and realise opportunities.
- Ensure the integrity of data in the HRIS is maintained and legal and regulatory requirements met, putting in place routine queries and quality controls.
- Ensure accurate documentation and process manuals are designed and maintained for all HR processes. Develop and maintain user friendly procedures, guidelines and documentation, in partnership with HR policy and process owners.
- Design and manage the ongoing configuration of HRIS tables and workflows to ensure accurate data capture that promotes effective transaction processing, prudent compliance and comprehensive reporting.
- Put in place and manage an effective change control process to enable the ongoing development of the HRIS in response to business needs.
- Use company process to manage performance of team members and achieve prescribed outcomes for the provided services.
- Manage demand from the business and identify resources (make or buy) to enable delivery of products and services into the business.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of relevant employment regulations, industry trends, current practices, new developments and applicable laws, bringing HR best practice into the organisation.
- Ensure best practice is shared within the team and across the wider HR functions when required.
- Ensure HR processes are compliant (with regard to legal, regulatory and internal requirements) and delivered against measures of quality. Identify and drive process improvements, anticipating changing business requirements. Work with policy owners to operationalise policy and ensure processes, documentation and local work instructions are fit for purpose.
- Identify opportunities for improvement and suggest changes to enhance services, systems or address issues and actively participate in process improvement activities.
Management experience, Project management experience, HR systems experience, Data experience, payroll experience, payroll implementation experience
Oracle Payroll experience, Workday compensation experience, workday payroll experience
** Due to the nature of the projects, successful applicants will need to obtain UK security clearance therefore Scantec can only accept applications from those resident in the UK who hold a full UK passport.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis (outside IR35 Determination). Agency PAYE and Umbrella engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.