£19000 per annum
+44 (0)151 666 8968
8 months ago
As soon as possible
Fixed Term Contract with a view to going Permanent after 3 months
Based in Manchester
A successful company in Manchester who are going through ambitious growth plans are looking to appoint a number of Laboratory Technicians to the site to help provide support to the technical teams.
The roles will be excellent opportunities for candidates looking for their first role after finishing University in this post covid era as full training will be provided. Equally candidates who might have taken a break from looking for a role in Chemistry who graduated in the last few years are also welcome to apply as this could be the kick start to your career you were originally looking for.
Due to progression opportunities within other parts of the business you must hold a Degree in Chemistry or a similar subject to be considered.
Duties will include:
- Following relevant SOPs, working to Health and Safety and relevant Quality standards.
- Completing daily routine work such as calibrating equipment, logging temperatures of fridges, maintaining adequate levels of chemicals and laboratory consumables for the Analysts and wider teams.
- Sample receipt and logging. Sending samples to customers as and when required within the suitable packaging.
- Working efficiently and on time.
- Due to providing support to multiple teams strong communication skills are required.
- Minimum educated to Degree level in a Chemistry related subject
- No previous Lab experience is required in industry however a Laboratory based project at University is a minimum
- Access to own transport is highly essential under current circumstances in addition some of the commute will include motorway driving.
- Ideally immediately available or with 1 week’s notice as all roles will start straight away.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis (outside IR35 Determination). Agency PAYE and Umbrella engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.