+44 (0)151 666 8968
3 months ago
As soon as possible
West Yorkshire (remote working available)
We are currently seeking a Residues Specialist to join a Global Chemical CRO based in West Yorkshire. This role will become a key figure in ensuring the safety to operators and consumers following the use of plant protection products and biocides.
Working as part of a team the role requires expertise in the understanding, design and delivery and interpretation of a wide range of residue and chemical data (e.g. analytical methods, crop residue trials and processing and operator exposure studies) to provide inputs to operator and consumer risk assessment positions.
Duties will include;
- Providing expertise in the design and conduct of a range of residue studies e.g. magnitude of residue, method validation, livestock feeding, crop rotation, storage stability.
- Identifying, defining and solving key scientific problems, particularly on field trial data, analytical data, chromatography in line with customer an stakeholder requirments.
- An understanding of current and developing EU regulatory testing guidelines and issues, devising and advocating techno-regulatory strategies to gain and defend product registrations
- Ensuring the delivery and content of the field and analytical phases of GLP residue studies to meet agreed timelines and quality
- Participating in a number of key industry projects and on occasion taking a lead on such high profile projects.
- Qualified to a minimum of degree level in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Food Science, analytical science, environmental chemistry or agronomy with at least 3 years post academic industry experience
- An ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and prioritise work effectively
- Experience of working to tight timelines
- To be capable of making good technical judgments in a timely manner
- Strong regulatory knowledge across plant protection products, agrochemicals and biocides
- An ability to solve difficult and complex technical problems utilising a proactive approach
- Experience of working within multi-disciplinary project teams and demonstrated project management skills
- Highly numerate and the candidate would have demonstrated skills in data analysis
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis (outside IR35 Determination). Agency PAYE and Umbrella engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.