£25564 - £27690 per annum
+44 (0)151 666 8968
about 1 year ago
3 months initially
QC Bioassay Analyst
Based in Liverpool
3 month contracts initially
A major pharmaceutical company is looking to appoint a large number of additional QC Analyst and QC Bioassay Analysts to their site based in Liverpool in support of a major expansion project on 3 month contracts initially.
Due to the nature of the roles supporting this key stage of the project they are looking for candidates who are either immediately available or who have at most 1 week’s notice to apply.
The roles will be working 8.00am – 4.45pm Monday to Thursday and 8.00am to 1.00pm on a Friday.
The successful candidates will be responsible for performing either HPLC or ELISA and SDS PAGE techniques in support of the testing of process validation samples during the initial phase of starting up the new manufacturing line.
Experience in either sets of techniques for at least 6 months from a role in Industry to cGMP is essential. Candidates without the relevant industry experience unfortunately won’t be considered at this initial stage but may well be shortlisted for future positions as the project develops.
The purpose of the QC Analyst role is to compliantly perform QC laboratory testing, data review and data interpretation in accordance with approved Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
Analysis will be performed on in-process, intermediate and finished products, raw materials and utilities samples.
QC Analysts are also required to participate in technical and validation studies in support of both departmental and site objectives.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum qualified to HNC/HND/Degree Level in a related Science subject – Chemistry for QC and a Biology related course for Bioassay e.g., Biochemistry, Biomedical etc..
- The role holder must be computer literate with an eye for detail, with the ability to gain a detailed understanding of multiple processes and procedures.
- For QC experience in HPLC is essential
- For QC Bioassay experience in ELISA, Immunoassays and SDS PAGE are essential.
- Experience working in a pharmaceutical/bio-technology environment is preferred together with an understanding of cGMP regulations and working practices.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis (outside IR35 Determination). Agency PAYE and Umbrella engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.