£28000 - £33000 per annum
+44 (0)151 666 8958
Assistant Highways Engineer
about 1 year ago
About the role:
Reporting to the Senior Engineer, you will primarily be required to carry out scheme identification, feasibility and provide input on the preparation of detailed designs for maintenance and improvement schemes in the management of the motorway and all-purpose trunk roads network.
About the role:
- Feasibility studies and scheme identification work
- Detailed design of maintenance and improvement schemes
- Review of Development control work ( Section 278 agreements)
- Cost and budget control including preparation and reporting of cost estimates.
- Preparation of Bill of Quantities
- Preparation of reports, drawings, specifications and contract documents
- As-built drawings and post completion reviews
- Value management and engineering including early contractor involvement and liaison with Project Managers and Construction Framework Contractors
- Liaison with the Highways England and other stakeholders
- HNC/HND/Foundation Degree (or equivalent) in Civil Engineering
- Membership of a relevant professional institution or working towards IEng or CEng desirable
- Experience and ability in carrying out highway studies, scheme identification, design and development control work
- Knowledge in budget management and cost control
- Knowledge and experience of relevant design standards including DMRB and other Highways England standards
- Proficient IT skills - experience in Civils 3D, Micro Drainage and PDS signs would be advantageous but not essential
- Good understanding of health and safety management and the requirements of CDM
- Market leading salary
- Pension matched up to 7.5%
- Free life assurance
- Generous annual leave allowance
- Flexible working
- Cycle2Work schemes
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis (outside IR35 Determination). Agency PAYE and Umbrella engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.