£30000 - £45000 per annum
+44 (0)151 666 8905
12 months ago
The main focus for a Junior planning engineer will be to work with Project Managers to develop & manage schedules to incorporate risk, change, resource requirements and cost in accordance with EDF Energy Generation Company requirements and standards. The Planning Engineer will create plans for the full project lifecycle including development and design.
- Develop, control, monitor, analyse and report on schedule related aspects for designated projects within a Portfolio.
- Establish and monitor a cost and resource loaded, logic linked, baseline plan for the project in accordance with CTO Programme Office processes.
- Capture project budgetary costs and resources in the plan to determine time phasing of expenditure and the total project budget.
- Establish robust Work Breakdown and Project Control Structures
- Interface with other departments regarding the project’s activities which may have an impact and ensure these are correctly captured.
- Ensure that any necessary planning interface with the site Work Management Process (WMP) is established.
- Maintain and control project baselines in line with company procedures and guidance.
- Ensure the reasons for, and the factors influencing each change to the project’s baseline plan plus the implications of such change are understood and communicated with the wider project team.
- Liaise with project team members and contractors with regards to progress and cost forecasting.
- Monitor, control and analyse the project programme and cost information using Earned Value methodologies, identify variances and bring these to the attention of the Project Manager with possible alternatives, prepare specific reports to facilitate challenge and analysis to meet the project’s specific needs.
- Challenging schedule and cost variances against the baseline plan with individual task leaders/contractors and or outside stakeholder management as necessary to enable mitigation.
- Integrate 3rd party schedules and data into the overall project plan.
You will have 1-2 years revelent experience within Project Controls, preferably in a highly regulated environment. Basic evidence of strong engineering background and breadth of experience across whole project and programme lifecycle.
You will have experience with Earned Value Analysis and experience in estimating, scheduling, programming and risk rools.
This role comes with an excellent salary and benefits package such as car allowance, private medical care and private life insurance.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis (outside IR35 Determination). Agency PAYE and Umbrella engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.