£42000 per annum, Benefits: Holiday, Pension
+44 (0)151 666 8999
3 months ago
1 Year contract
£42k - Liverpool
An exciting contract opportunity to join a global pharmaceutical company based in Liverpool. We are looking for someone with a desire to join the engineering department, to perform a wide range of activities associated with the planning and scheduling of maintenance activities on the manufacturing equipment, facilities and utility systems at the Speke site. Therefore allowing them to meet the requirements for manufacturing a dynamic and diverse portfolio of pharmaceutical products.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
This role reporting to the Engineering Associate Director and would be suitable for an experienced maintenance engineer, reliability engineer or planner familiar with the requirements of the Pharmaceutical or similarly regulated Industrial Sector.
The job holder will be required to:-
- Leverage the existing Maintenance Management System to organise internal or contract labour necessary to execute and plan the work with affected departments so as to minimise impact on their operations.
- Update the maintenance management system database as new assets are commissioned and ensure that they each have effective maintenance plans defined
- Work with the Engineering Team & External resources to define and implement Reliability Centred Maintenance initiatives and eliminate Non-Value adding works.
- Own and Drive Improvements in Overall Equipment Effectiveness
- Be the Process Owner responsible for failure mode and equipment criticality assessments (FMECA) and the generation of appropriate maintenance plans plus Spares holding strategies.
- Oversee Engineering administrator allowing updates and reviews are completed right first time.
- Active use of QMS (Trackwise) and corporate CAPA system would be helpful, although can be trained on their specific software.
To be responsible for effective planning and scheduling of maintenance activities for a small team (currently 5) engineers.
- To generate work orders and job plans according to the schedule in the CMMS system & work effectively with the Maintenance Manager to schedule those works.
- To control and organise all aspects of spares ordering and collation of equipment required to perform scheduled maintenance tasks
- To liaise with suitable contractors, and ensure that they attend site as appropriate to carry out works in accordance with the maintenance schedule
- To review completed work orders for completeness, close them out in the CMMS and file records in the relevant History Files
- To generate new asset records on the CMMS system in accordance with relevant procedures
- To execute FMECA analysis on New Assets and input new Job Plans in the CMMS
- To set up Asset Maintenance History Files in accordance with relevant procedures
- To identify Critical Spares requirements and work with procurement to establish initial stock and re-ordering requirements
- To work with the engineering team to identify Non- Value Adding work and raise appropriate justifications within the QMS to remove such activity under change control.
- To review current maintenance practices and advise on changes to optimise program effectiveness following a Reliability Centred Maintenance Strategy
- Shutdown planning for the Engineering function agreeing timelines with stake holders and seeing execution through to handover.
- BTEC / City & Guilds in Engineering or Scientific Discipline
- Experience work with CMMS (Blue Mountain RAM desirable)
- Pharmaceutical experience
- Computer literate and familiar with AutoCAD, Microsoft Office, Project etc.
- Ability to understand engineering drawings, especially P & IDs, GA’s etc.
- Experience in Reliability Centred Maintenance, FMECA analysis or similar progressive maintenance optimisation regimens
- Experience working within MHRA/FDA guidelines (desirable not essential)
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.