£35000 - £40000 per annum, Benefits: Pension, Holiday, Overtime
+44 (0)151 666 8999
7 months ago
They now have a workforce of over 200 and are looking for a Maintenance Manager to join the business. It’s been a really exciting time for the business in the past couple of years; they have heavily invested in plant upgrades, increasing their capacity but also efficiency. You’ll be working with a mixture of new and old equipment and potentially a range of installation and decommissioning projects for manufacturing lines and production machinery on site.
This role will join the busy multi disciplined engineering team on site, and if you have worked in a manufacturing environment, and have had a background on the tools then this role might suit you ideally. The role will be predominantly leadership based, but will on occasion during busy periods and holiday times require you to pick up the tools again. Someone who takes pride in developing those around them, having control and flexibility on your budget and is keen to make a difference to the business within one of their key departments would be very well suited here.
- Demonstrate consistent technical and behavioural leadership at all times
- Ensure compliance with all relevant legislation and statutory inspections, ensuring health and safety is always suitability prioritised
- Manage the planned maintenance schedules for all plant and equipment
- Consistently drive efficiency improvements and activities
- Create and agree the budget plan for the financial year and maintain control of spend
- Engage with operational teams and production management to manage priorities for the Engineering Team
- Manage the workloads, priorities and performance of the Engineering Team and external contract support
- Initiate, agree and review succession, training and development plans to ensure an appropriate balance of skills
- Multi-skilled engineer; minimum HNC (or equivalent) Mechanical/Electrical Engineering
- Suitable & relevant Engineering experience, preferably in a leadership role
- Experience of planned maintenance systems
- Good H&S knowledge in legislation and application (IOSH qualification, desirable)
- Exposure to high volume manufacturing; CI or lean methodologies
- Previous experience engaging and motivating teams and individuals
- Resilient personal development focus to continuously improve
- Ability to drive performance and improve plant reliability
- Logical and structured thinker, with a strong ability to solve problems.
- The role incorporates a degree of hands-on working especially during holidays and shutdowns
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.