Salary Competitive - Dependant on experience
+44 (0)151 666 8960
about 1 year ago
Sector: Nuclear / Defence
Location: Newbury, Berkshire
Salary: Please enquire - is dependant on your level of experience
An excellent new opportunity has arisen for an experienced Estimator to work with a global organisation that specialise in providing specialist engineering services, based in Newbury, Berkshire.
You will be members of our defence team where you’ll be the driving force in the: preparation of tenders, development of construction cost estimates and analysis of sub-contractor tender submissions.
• Lead tendering activities for specific proposals, including project managing the preparation of the tender, to deliver a robust and timely tender submission
• Incorporate the input of other functions within the tender, identifying gaps, overlaps and inconsistencies, so that their requirements are adequately represented, and the tender is robust
• Liaise directly with subcontractors and materials suppliers to ensure that quotes provided by them adequately represent the likely costs to the project
• Generate materials and manhour elements of estimates for larger projects to meet tender requirements.
• Ensure that all proposals / estimates & selling rates are based upon the current overhead recoveries so that the correct level of margins is achieved and maximised where possible.
In order to be considered for this role:
• Degree or HND/HNC educated in appropriate business or technical discipline preferable
• Knowledge and experience of using best practice estimating processes and tools in a complex, project environment
• Experience with Mechanical & Electrical packages
• Knowledge and understanding of forms of contract, e.g. NEC3 & 4
• Knowledge and understanding of confidence modelling processes and techniques
• Experience of using an estimating norms and ranges database preferable
• Strong tendering experience, work winning and full project life cycle
• Good general commercial awareness.
• Able to act on own initiative.
PLease click on the application link to be considered for this role, or contact Tamsin directly at Scantec for further details.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.