£32000 - £40000 per annum
+44 (0)151 666 8968
2 months ago
As soon as possible
£32 – 40,000 plus 5% bonus
Commutable from Newbury, Cirencester, Swindon, Marlborough, Oxford, Reading, Didcot
A leading Pharmaceutical manufacturing company based in Swindon is currently recruiting for a QC Laboratory Equipment Calibration Specialistto join the business on a permanent basis as part ambitious growth plans. The role focusses on the calibration, cleaning, set-up and re-validation of QC Laboratory equipment when the QC laboratory is due to change to the testing of a new product.
Salary will depend on experience. A generous relocation package is also on offer for the successful candidates if needed. Benefits include Private Medical insurance, up to 10% pension, free parking, cycle to work scheme.
QC Laboratory Equipment Calibration Specialist Duties:
- Lead, plan, coordinate and execute timely calibration and qualification of all QC laboratory equipment across the QC labs ensuring equipment is kept in a state of control and compliance
- Ensure QC equipment calibration and qualification activities are planned, effectively tracked, monitored and achieved in accordance with agreed timelines
- Writing & execution of protocols and reports (URS/DQ/IQ/OQ/PQ), organisation of qualification work into packages suitable for audit presentation
- Completing routine performance checks and calibration duties on analytical laboratory equipment as specified in the calibration schedule
- Maintain and control a visual management system of qualification, validation and calibration activities
- Collaborate and coordinate initiatives with other QC Supervisors and Mangers
- Regularly generate and provide detailed update reports for Quality and Site management
- Generate and prepare quality documents e.g. SOP’s and controlled documents
- Lead and/or support investigations into issue impacting analytical equipment
- Review & approve deviation and any change proposals related to analytical equipment issues
- Act as SME for the above with regulators / clients (i.e. key part of audits and inspections)
- Ensure own KPI actions, plans, targets and objectives are effectively tracked, monitored and achieved in accordance with timelines
- Ensure standard lead-times are adhered to and support Business Unit and Corporate goals (e.g. RFT and OTD, OTIF)
- Ensure own work complies with GMP, Data Integrity and Good Documentation Practice (GDP) and is undertaken in accordance with applicable quality documents e.g. SOP’s, analytical methods, Protocols, Guidance’s, etc.
- Ensure own training is undertaken in a timely and GMP compliant manner before the task is undertaken
- Identify and drive Practical Process Improvement initiatives (PPI)
- Relevant science-based degree; e.g. Chemistry, Biology, Pharmacy
- Experience working in a pharmaceutical QC function, preferably within a sterile site
- Substantial Technical experience, must have minimum 5 years’ and ‘hands-on’ knowledge working with calibration and qualification of analytical systems such as balances, HPLC, GC, Chromatography Data System (CDS) such as Waters Empower software, UV, IR with the ability to maintain & troubleshoot these systems
- Extensive experience of instrumental and traditional analytical techniques
- Communication skills – must be able to speak, listen, and write. Hold presentations, facilitate meetings and trainings, and create reports
- Good Collaboration and Conflict resolution skills
- Good technical writing skills
- Wants to learn and have a natural curiosity to understand systems and processes
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment essential
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.