Barking & Dagenham
+44 (0)151 666 8952
over 1 year ago
Location - East London
Due to current succession planning my client is looking for a Electrical, Control and & Instrumentation Supervisor for their fuel terminal in East London. The organisation has a global network of terminals that provide high quality fuel storage and distribution services to customers worldwide.
To ensure safe and efficient terminal operations by carrying out day to day preventative, planned and reactive maintenance of electrical, controls and instrumentation equipment to the highest of possible standard and compliant with all relevant legislation, standards and procedures.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop, manage, schedules and implements robust preventive and reactive maintenance and inspection programmes to ensure legal compliance.
- Develops and manages maintenance budgets within agreed limits.
- Develop and manage all stages of continuous improvement projects within agreed budget, quality and timescales.
- Ensure all maintenance activities undertaken by technicians and contractors are completed to the appropriate engineering standards and specifications and are risk assessed and effective control measures are developed and implemented
- Owner of key service contracts, ensuring that agreed service performance levels achieved and costs are managed and controlled
- HNC or equivalent in electrical, control and/or instrumentation engineering subject is essential. Alternatively ONC plus extensive hands on working experience.
- City & Guilds 2391 or 2394/5 is desirable
- Safety qualification NEBOSh or IOSH is desirable
- 5 years minimum supervisory EC&I maintenance experience ideally in oil & gas or chemical industry but not essential. Other 24/7 industries considered.
- Budget holder responsibility and accountability, cost control management
- Experience working on a COMAH site advantageous
- CompEX trained and familiar with requirements of IEC60079 and DESEAR/ATEX 137 directive is advantageous but not essential as training provided.
- Experience of maintenance and testing safety instrumentation systems and SIL rated equipment
- In depth working knowledge of operating, maintaining and inspecting high voltage switchgear and distribution networks.
- Completely conversant with requirement of Electricity at work regulations BS7671 is essential
- Managing configuration changes, maintaining and troubleshooting of PLC based control systems, MOBUS, PROFIBUS etc is a necessity
- Conversant with specification, configuration & calibration or process instruments is a necessity E.g, level, pressure and temperature
- Experience and knowledge of risk assessments and COSHH is an advantage
- Experience of managing various EC&I improvement projects
- Confident user of Microsoft Soft suite and procurement/purchasing business systems. E.g Oracle, Maximo, SAP
- Confident user of computerised maintenance management systems E.g. Express Maintenance, Frontline, Maximo, SAP etc.
- Experience of BS EN 61508 and 61511
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.