£30 - £35 per hour
+44 (0)151 666 8972
12 months ago
Our Client has committed to developing 230 homes for affordable and social housing (for sale and rent) over the next 10 years. Pursuant to this, the Finance and Resources Committee has included £1,000,000 in the 2019/20 Capital Programme for the acquisition of properties to the Housing Revenue Account to pump-prime this programme.
Our Client has partnerships with Registered Social Landlords (RSLs) for delivery of its housing programme, but now wishes to be more proactive and innovative. Councillors also require greater transparency of the process, including evidence of best practice and value for money.
The medium-term intention is to recruit a permanent Housing Delivery Manager (HDM) but, as this programme is a high priority for the Council, Our Client wishes to appoint an Interim HDM to gain traction at the earliest opportunity and establish sound delivery processes that can be passed on to their successor.
- Deliver the tasks set out in phase I of the Housing delivery Plan (appended to this brief).
- Appraise development opportunities within BBC ownership – both existing opportunities and future land.
- Develop procurement strategies for:
- Site acquisition
- Professional services
- Construction partners
- Consider long-term strategic partnerships with RSLs
- Procure long-term strategic partnerships with RSLs as appropriate
- Assist with the recruitment of a permanent HDM
- Mentor the permanent HDM as appropriate
- Fine-tune the high-level phase II & III rollout programme based on phase I outcomes
- Liaise with the Councils Housing manager to identify areas of need.
- Develop standard design templates, specifications and cost models for different types of housing units
- Establish and build a database of cost & value data for land, fees and building/infrastructure works
- Establish contractual arrangements reflecting best practice and value
- Prepare and present regular reports to Housing and other relevant Council Committees
- Develop effective working relationships with internal and external contacts as set out below
- Assist with promoting Broxtowe Borough Council as an active & credible developer of affordable & social housing in the Borough,
- In conjunction with the planning team, actively seek opportunities to maximise land and or finance for affordable & social housing for sale and for rent through the S.106 & CIL processes.
- In conjunction with economic development and finance colleagues, actively seek opportunities to maximise grant income from such has the HCA & other relevant agencies
- Housing managers
- Finance team
- Capital works team
- Economic regeneration
- Health & safety / CDM
- Procurement Officer
- Housing Committee Chair and Members as appropriate (including attendance at Committee meetings, some of which will be held outside of office hours)
Key relationships – external
- RSLs active in the region
- Lawyers, architects, surveyors, engineers, property agents
- Suitable Contractors and suppliers
- Residential developers
|Demonstrable experience of delivering public sector housing projects
||Experience of working with/for local authority housing departments, RSL development, or similar.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.