£30,000 - £32,000
+44 (0)151 666 8968
over 1 year ago
£30,000 - £32,000
12 month contract
Based in Liverpool
A multinational Pharmaceutical company based in Liverpool is looking for an additional Process Scientist on a 12 month contract basis within their Downstream Purification area. Experience in development of and operation of, a range of downstream techniques (e.g. chromatography, UF/DF, depth filtration) is particularly important.
The Liverpool site is a state of the art development and clinical manufacturing facility and is one of their centres of excellences for Biologic development. They are responsible for leading all aspects of bulk drug substance development for innovator and biosimilar products throughout their product lifecycle. To achieve this, the company characterises their products, develops robust and scalable processes and assess new technologies to ensure that they deliver cost effective, safe products to their patients. They manufacture product in-house to supply clinical trials or collaborate directly with external partners. Their success is underpinned through bold actions, collaboration and scientific excellence.
Downstream Purification Scientist Duties:
- The successful Scientist in Process Science will perform a wide range of activities associated with the design, development, scale-up, technical transfer and cGMP clinical manufacture of bulk drug substances expressed from both mammalian and microbial expression systems.
- The role is laboratory/pilot plant based and encompasses example activities including: mammalian cell line development, process optimization and use of high throughput techniques and purification operations such as chromatography and filtration.
- Minimum qualification of BSc (or equivalent). Ideally holding a PhD and/or have relevant industrial experience within the field of bioprocess development, scale-up or cGMP manufacturing.
- Knowledge and previous experience of mammalian and microbial based processes – this can be from University or from a PhD as training will be provided in the industrial use of mammalian and microbial cell culturing.
- The successful applicant should have the ability to interpret scientific data and effectively communicate and report findings generated.
- Experience in design of experiments to deliver robust and effective experimental plans is advantageous
- Applicants are expected to have relevant industry experience and technical process development skills.
- Experience in development of and operation of, a range of downstream techniques (e.g. chromatography, UF/DF, depth filtration).
- In addition ideally have GMP experience, and experience of working with gene therapy products would be highly advantageous.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.