£30000 - £40000 per annum
+44 (0)151 666 8916
4 months ago
A Pneumatics Application Engineer within Product Business Unit Fluid Power based at Glasgow Technical Service Centre.
This is a key role with PBU Fluid Power with prime responsibility to develop profitable sales in Scotland and Cumbria regions with both original equipment manufacturers and maintenance repair and overhaul departments within production plants across all industry sectors & public/private facilities.
What the role involves:
- Working within the guiding principles of the company, develop an in depth knowledge of the defined region and its associated industries and generate a business plan for the sale of Pneumatics within the region.
- Have a vast knowledge of core product range specifically its features and benefits, highly knowledgeable in the application of these product technologies to real world situations in plant and machinery
- Provide field based support to Service Centres and Customer Site operations within the sales divisions of Industrial Distribution, Integrated Solutions & Transportation
- Grow sales in line with defined budgets.
- Demonstrate to clients the benefits of working with us for all its requirements for Pneumatics and all associated services.
- Ensure that the key decision makers in the customers can clearly identify the value we bring to them over our competition.
- Provide weekly and monthly reports as required.
- Provide professionally presented commercial and technical proposals to the customer for both standard and non-standard items within the Fluid Power Technology product portfolio.
- Utilise our business systems to ensure quotations are aligned to sell price models and captured within the systems. Ensure data is sufficiently defined enough to ensure that internal staff may effectively and correctly process orders on a repeated basis.
- You are responsible for your health and safety and have a duty of care for others around you within your working environment.
- At least 4 years of pneumatics applications experience.
- Minimum of 1 years work experience in a commercial, distribution or industrial environment.
- Capability to understand twin business model and align our strategy with the assigned customers
- Sales and customer relationship development skills
- Negotiation skills at multiple levels within customer and supplier organisations
- Communication and inter-personal skills
- Ability to communicate effectively both internally and externally
- Understand and demonstrate customer processes, impact (financial) of our engineering input. (cost savings)
- Understanding of consignment stock principles
- Ability to provide regular forecasts of sales and profitability
- Knowledge of our Stock systems
- Knowledge of Stock Management principles and systems
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word
- Ability to prepare and deliver management information within required deadlines
- Understanding of, and ability to effectively action Health and Safety principles and procedures
- Ability to effectively manage sales, margin and customer price savings to achieve our profitability targets
- Effectively manage time and territory in order to maximise opportunities and minimise costs
- Good knowledge of OEM markets and applications
- Grade A* - C GCSE (or equivalent) English Language and Mathematics.
- Higher Education in Business Commercial Management or Engineering is preferred.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.