Overview: Our client is currently seeking a skilled Risk Manager to join its dynamic risk team, primarily engaging in nuclear decommissioning and waste management solutions to Power Stations across the UK. They specialise in providing services related to the safety and sustainable management of nuclear materials and facilities.
The key objective of this role is to deliver a comprehensive Risk Management service across all levels of the enterprise. This encompasses fulfilling risk management obligations tied to specific contracts, including cost control, program adherence, and manpower alignment with contract requirements. Additionally, the role involves providing support to our corporate risk management processes.
Location: Remote Working (Unless when required on Client site - 1/2 x per month, Head Office is in Cumbria).
Role: Risk Manager
Salary: £55,000pa - £65,000pa + benefits package
The appointed Risk Manager will play a crucial role in comprehending and communicating the significance and advantages of risk management to both clients and internal stakeholders. Collaboration with various specialisations is expected to facilitate the implementation of robust risk management practices within a multi-discipline Project Controls environment.
- Proactively escalate risks to the Head of Decommissioning and other pertinent stakeholders, particularly when they could impact business performance.
- Develop, implement, and maintain Risk Management Arrangements.
- Establish a rhythm for Enterprise risk and consolidate risk reports for the management team and board.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Offer leadership and guidance in risk across programs and projects.
- Generate and maintain relevant risk information and registers, aiding in the identification and effective management of risks (both threats and opportunities).
- Create and maintain Master Data, Assumption, and Exclusions logs, assessing data for potential risks.
- Demonstrate the ability to develop and analyse Quantitative Risk Analyses (cost, schedule, and integrated) to inform project contingency and time risk allowance levels.
- Provide ad hoc support to the broader project controls function to enhance the team's capabilities.
- Assist less experienced colleagues in ensuring compliance with pre-defined standards.
- Advocate for the use of risk management throughout the work scope to achieve successful delivery of contractual objectives.
- Actively participate in business and contract improvement initiatives/projects.
- Serve as a Subject Matter Expert on specific aspects of risk management analysis and modeling, acting as a single point of contact for risk management guidance, advice, and services.
- Work collaboratively to support the business in developing and enhancing risk reporting and increasing understanding of risk and its resulting business implications.
- Establish a management system certifiable to ISO31000.
- Complete board reports and contribute to the annual risk report.
This position offers an exciting opportunity to contribute significantly to the enhancement of risk management practices within their company structure, contributing to the overall success of the organisation.
Please contact 0151 666 8960 for more information, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your updated CV for the full job description.