£27000 per annum
+44 (0)151 666 8925
about 2 months ago
As soon as possible
6 month Fixed Term Contract
Based in Runcorn
A multinational Chemical company is looking to appoint an Experimentalist on a 6 month Fixed Term Contract basis to cover Maternity Leave.
Execute experimental work programs to develop technology and products.
The occupant will work with the Chemistry Fellow and Senior experimentalist to prepare and characterize a range of new materials.
- Execute experiments to produce and record reliable data.
- Interpret experimental results, identify and eliminate rogue or invalid data and assist in developing strategies to guide the next sets of experiments, seeking guidance from more experienced scientists when appropriate.
- Comply with SHE systems and standards for the job holder’s work area (including, eg undertaking risk assessments) participate as appropriate with SHE activities in the wider organization and to undertake specific SHE roles and/or lead development of specific identified SHE improvements.
- Plan their work to enable undertaking more than one experimental programme concurrently, without any reduction in data quality or SHE compliance.
- Understand the commercial context of the work undertaken by themselves and other members of the team.
- Deploy a range of specialist skills whilst undertaking their work. The particular skill(s) will vary from individual to individual, eg interpreting spectra, examining compressor wear.
- Provide particular skill(s) for the benefit of the whole R&T team. The particular skill(s) will vary from individual to individual, eg IATA certification, COSHH co-ordination, mechanical fitting skills, maintenance of pressure vessel register.
Minimum: HND Chemistry
Desirable: BSc Chemistry
Good level of general chemical knowledge and well developed practical skills. Experience of organic chemistry along with experience and knowledge of analytical techniques such as NMR, FTIR, MS etc.
3-5 years of experience in a similar role would be desirable however someone with a PhD and 1 years experience or less will be considered as long as they have the correct Synthesis / Lab Scale experience.
Scantec specialises in the Manufacturing, IT, Technical, Engineering and Scientific Sectors. Scantec provide highly qualified and experienced personnel in a compliant and professional manner on both a permanent and temporary assignment basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.