£65000 - £72000 per annum, Benefits: bonus, excellent benefits
+44 (0)151 666 8953
12 days ago
As part of the Senior Leadership Team, the successful Senior HSE Manager will be responsible for 3 direct reports and will hold strategic responsibility for the implementation of the group HSE policy; providing clear leadership and continuously striving for improvement across all aspects of HSE delivery and culture.
The successful Senior HSE Manager will have previous strategic leadership within a manufacturing industry. You will be degree / diploma qualified with excellent leadership and man management skills as well as experience of managing budgets.
Responsibilities of the Senior HSE Manager include:
• Ensure systems are established which seek to promote and improve Safety, Health and Environment at both sites.
• Strategically drive behavioural safety agenda.
• Ensure policy compliance and that recommendations and action plans are implemented, within agreed timescales.
• Provide coaching and support to the senior management team to ensure and company HSE objectives are met and best practice is shared.
• Monitor, evaluate and review existing, new and upcoming health and safety legislation and ensure the business has systems and practice in place to meet legal compliance.
• Ensure risk assessments are in place and develop corrective actions where required.
• Provide advice and guidance to key stakeholders
• Manage effectively the environmental strategy
• Deliver safety training as appropriate across the both sites.
• Facilities management: security contract, site ground workers etc
• Manage waste across both sites and continually review to achieve cost reduction and improvements in respect of environmental impacts such as recycling etc.
• Devise and implement Safety, Environmental and Security project improvements.
• Submission of capital expenditure projects in respect of Safety, Health & Environmental improvements.
• Conduct complex accident investigations, implementing appropriate preventative measures and report accordingly.
• Produce on a weekly and monthly basis appropriate statistical information for Divisional and Group reporting purposes.
• Chair site safety committee meetings.
• Lead both sites First Aid and Fire Warden activities across the site to ensure compliance with legislative requirements.
Application via CV
Senior HSE Manager
c. £65,000 - £72,000 (inclusive of car allowance) bonus, private medical, pension
South Lincolnshire / Cambridgeshire area
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis. Agency PAYE, Umbrella and CIS (if applicable) engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.