South East England
£60000 - £70000 per annum
+44 (0)151 666 8958
MPM BC - South East
13 days ago
This opportunity would suit an experienced and ambitious Building Control professional, with Commercial/Complex project experience, that is technically proficient whilst also holding strong customer engagement skills.
This organisation is well established with market-leading support infrastructure and employee benefits in place to ensure you are given the tools you need to be a long-term success. The team are stable and progressive, and ultimately believe in doing things the right way. There is no expectation to be a salesperson and hit financial targets, so you can focus on delivering a high-level technical service to clients/customers. Further, there are ample opportunities for further development within the organisations structure, making this a fantastic long-term engagement for the right individual.
- Taking responsibility for the assessment of building regulation applications for large high rise, non-residential and/or complex projects building control applications, acting as the primary contact for the client during the design phase including any design amendments during the construction phase.
- Ensure that Projects are checked and monitored with accuracy, ensuring that all statutory consultations are completed in correct timescales and that adequate evidence has been provided for verification of the design.
- Contributing to the assessment of building regulation applications for other type of developments where necessary.
- Primarily inspecting projects deemed as ‘Major Projects’, typically High Value Schemes, 18m+ height projects (and other non-residential/complex schemes) to ensure as far as is reasonably possible the works are in accordance with the Building Regulations
- Fully qualified Surveyor (MRICS, MCABE, MCIOB, or similar) with relevant experience is desirable but not essential.
- In depth technical knowledge of Building Regulations and other relevant construction standards.
- Ability to undertake site inspections to assess both quality and the cause/effect of building defects.
- Commercial awareness and ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to create not only good working relationships with other construction professionals but to be able to deal effectively with members of the public.
- Excellent Communications skills.
- Full UK Driving Licence
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis. Agency PAYE, Umbrella and CIS (if applicable) engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.