£55 - £62 per hour
+44 (0)151 666 8918
20 days ago
to December 2022
Scantec are currently looking for an Engineering Manager (SC or DV cleared) for one of our most prestigious clients.
IR35 - outside
The role is simple to conduct from offsite however site attendance at approximately 25% would be required
Is home/remote working an option? Yes , as above
Ensure that the Engineering Requirements are suitable and appropriate and advise the Senior Engineering Manage as such. Identify options, select the appropriate solution and provide the right facility design solutions such that, for allocated work packages, they: meet business needs and functional performance, through life performance, are licensable and are deliverable. Ensure the Design Intent and Design Information Configuration are maintained from facility design inception through to project handover.
- Strong knowledge of Mechanical Engineering and good awareness of EC&I aspects
Experience of managing a small multi-discipline technical team to deliver engineering solutions
Able to work autonomously with little guidance
- Strong stakeholder management skills
- Understands configuration control & managing design change
- Experience of managing suppliers under standard contracting mechanisms such as NEC
- Proven experience of working with commissioning teams to deliver solutions to issues that arise during testing
- Provide the facility design solution.
- Deliver integrated facility designs, with appropriate safety documentation, in a proportionate manner.
- Assess the suitability of the facility design for the next phase of the lifecycle (e.g., tender; construction; commissioning; handover) and advise the Senior Engineering Manager.
- Maintain and promote high personal standards in environment, safety, health, security, and quality and be a great team player.
- Additional accountabilities for this job profile may be defined and appointed through the Chief Engineer Management Arrangements, with appointees listed within the Company Design Authorities and Technical Authorities, as held in the company management system.
- Be the lead engineering representative on the project. Responsible for delivery in terms of quality, meeting requirements, safety, value for money and schedule. Be the main point of contact for all engineering matters on a project.
- Ensure that the Engineering Requirements are suitable & appropriate and advise the Senior Engineering Manager.
- Recommend the budget and programme, to the Senior Engineering Manager, to deliver design.
- Assess the suitability of engineering design resources (both internal and external) to execute facility design. Ensure adequate competency and competency records.
- Lead, drive, communicate and deliver Facility Designs, with due regard to safety, quality, schedule, cost effectiveness and lifetime value for money.
- Maintain oversight of the facility design as it develops via routine reviews.
- Deliver, to the SEM, design solutions that meet business needs, functional performance, through life performance and is licensable and deliverable.
- Manage the Design Intent and Design Information Configuration from inception through to project handover.
- Provide functional support in identifying and implementing change, development, and improvement.
- Assist the Head of Design Engineering in developing the Facility Design capability internally, encompassing both Improvements and Resource skills development.
** Due to the nature of the projects, successful applicants will need to obtain UK security clearance therefore Scantec can only accept applications from those resident in the UK who hold a full UK passport.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis. Agency PAYE, Umbrella and CIS (if applicable) engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.