£55000 - £65000 per annum
+44 (0)151 666 8999
about 1 month ago
Rushden - Northamptonshire (this role assumes responsibility for 3 sites, one in the East Midlands, one in Cumbria and a third in Deeside)
12 month FTC
An exciting new role for the business to help deliver around £5m in CAPEX projects across 3 busy manufacturing sites in the UK. The role can be home based, but will require you to attend each one of the sites as projects are running to ensure delivery.
This role has come about as internally in the business the projects for 2022 have outgrown the capacity of their current teams, which across three sites totals circa 700-800 staff. The role will ensure cost effective, on time in full, HSE and quality complaint delivery of a range of projects including new machine installs, machine moves, automation projects, wider building service related projects and many more.
This role is a broad role and suits someone used to operating delivering CAPEX within a manufacturing environment, preferably projects that might be multi disciple and also working closely with sub contractors to ensure delivery.
This role requires someone who is comfortable dealing with different stakeholders, the role will require you to put projects out for tender, appoint contractors, then manage these contractors to the delivery of said projects, all the while working closely with internal staff to ensure production is not too disrupted.
- Management and leadership of the project contract team, including end to end accountability for project delivery ensuring resources required for project delivery are in place including support from other functions and that oversight is provided throughout.
- Ensuring the project governance process is applied, maintained and developed and that investment options are accessed to ensure maximum economic return on capital deployed
- Promote, identify and implement continuous improvement projects and initiatives
- Ensuring all projects are delivered in an HSE and Quality compliant manner and that all corporate and regulatory requirements are met.
- Working within project specific budgets, annual capital program budgets and controlling and monitoring project spend.
- Direct overall management of specific projects within the program
- Placing projects out for tender with contractors and then appointing these contractors to complete their part of the projects inline with company standards and practices
- Escalate any decisions or seek the support of colleagues or management if personal knowledge and understanding is not at the level required to carry out any part of the role.
- Background in Engineering CAPEX project delivery circa £5m in value
- A number of years experience in project leadership capacity
- PUWER & IPAF trained
- Functional engineering experience within a production environment such as time served or equivalent
- Manufacturing: FMCG, Food, Packaging or related sector experience (desirable)
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis. Agency PAYE, Umbrella and CIS (if applicable) engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.