£65000 - £70000 per annum
+44 (0)151 666 8953
about 2 months ago
The successful Engineering Manager will have experience in a food / packaging environment with knowledge and experience of food safety issues in relation to the engineering function. You will have proven leadership and man management experience and will be responsible for the maintenance, site services, projects and department capex spends.
Engineering Manager responsibilities include:
• Active member of the site senior leadership team
• Formulate, implement and manage the engineering & maintenance strategy
• Lead and manage capital projects from design to machinery selection, installation and commissioning to improve overall effectiveness of plant and equipment
• Tightly control and monitor all costs to engineering budget
• Ensure utilities including water, gas. electricity, steam and effluent are closely monitored and managed
• Responsible for the site being fully compliant with all HSE legislation
• Ensure that health, safety and environment of the team and contractors
• Management, training and development of staff
• Management of the day to day maintenance of machinery and equipment
• Responsible for the integrity and maintenance of the fabrication of the site machinery and buildings
• Liaise with production to plan necessary maintenance activities and utilise engineering resource effectively
• Responsible for issuing and approving work completed by contractors
Application via CV
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis. Agency PAYE, Umbrella and CIS (if applicable) engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.