£40000 per annum
+44 (0)151 666 8999
about 2 months ago
12 Month Contract
A multinational pharmaceutical company based in Greater Manchester is looking to appoint Principal Technologist. This role will require you to provide technical expertise, guidance and drive problem solving within the NPI & Commercial Management function and wider organization. This includes the delivery of complex inhalation product development projects through the scale-up of small-scale clinical processes to become viable commercial products. The role includes providing internal technical support for potential new customers and contributing to the winning of new business through the quotation process.
Ensures that new product opportunities are fully evaluated with technical considerations operating to the highest standards of effectiveness and efficiency by: -
- Understand the processes, equipment, materials and ways of working used for commercial products within our site and (working collaboratively with others as appropriate) (i) identify how each new product enquiry can be manufactured within our factory at minimum cost and maximum capacity and (ii) design processes for new products such that they can be technically transferred with minimised cost and time from development scale to commercial
- To lead process improvements projects work ensuring the technical development of the area.
- Provide technical support for new product introduction, product transfers and problem resolution. Initiate and manage change controls using established site system. Train out changes as required. Monitor compliance on an on-going basis.
- To develop, maintain and ensure compliance for all systems and activities across the department.
- Ensure the required standards of cGMP are maintained, including timely completion of Quality system compliance actions
- Ensure that all assigned products and processes are maintained in a fully validated status
Qualifications and Experience:
- Degree or equivalent in a Science or Engineering subject
- At least 6 years of experience in a technical role within a pharmaceutical manufacturing or development environment or 9 years manufacturing or quality experience within production operations.
- Strong technical understanding of processes, equipment and systems used in the manufacture of inhalation products Strong practical and technical problem solving and decision-making skills
- Sound understanding of cGMP
- Excellent knowledge of typical plant and equipment used within (including general validation requirements) pharmaceutical manufacturing facilities
- Able to critically interrogate and statistically analyse data to aid in both the development of processes and problem solving
- Able to clearly analyse and present data to internal colleagues and customers to aid scientific understanding and drive project deliverables
- Clear written communication in the form of technical documents including protocols and reports
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis. Agency PAYE, Umbrella and CIS (if applicable) engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.