£35000 - £55000 per annum
+44 (0)151 666 8958
BC Surveyor - Leeds
19 days ago
This is a very unique small-medium sized AI with people at the heart of their business, evident in their exceptional staff-retention. The business does not have the agressive growth plans of most, allowing them to focus on the working environment and wellbeing of current staff, whilst growing organically when success demands it. Their ethos and company culture inherently results in a 'family-feel' environment, driven by an extremely personable and supportive team, right the way up to the MD.
This is Building Control Surveyor opportunity (inspections and plan-checking) on both residential and commercial developments, albeit with a residential focus. The nature of your working is entirely flexible, whether you want to work from home or in the Leeds office as you would be in control of managing your own diary. Workload is carefully managed to ensure projects per Surveyor is sustainable resulting in a fantastic work-life balance.
- To deliver agreed procedures to provide effective building control services on a range of projects in terms of size and complexity
- Review of plans and other associated matters for compliance with building regs and associated legislation
- Delivery of site inspections and testing of building works for compliance with building regs and associated legislation
- Proven relevant industry experience within a Building Control environment, carrying out plan checking and site inspections and managing your own projects
- Full of part Membership of a relevant professional body such as RICS, CABE or CIOB
- Extensive knowledge and application of Building Regulations, AI regs and associated legislation
- Full UK Driving Licence and use of a car
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis. Agency PAYE, Umbrella and CIS (if applicable) engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.