+44 (0)151 666 8937
about 2 months ago
As part of our clients' continued growth strategy an exciting new opportunity has arisen for a sales manager to join their technical services division.
Incorporated in 1985, our client have been fabricators of steel structures for over 30 years. The company’s primary business is within the highway’s infrastructure markets with particular focus on street lighting but also reaching out into Noise barrier, parapet, fencing, CCTV, gantries, and bespoke architectural structures.
In the last 10 years the business has broadened its product offering and has been involved in the fabrication of second fix steelwork for buildings, telecoms structures and other large fabrications.
The company has a high focus on its technical expertise and within their 85 strong work force, they employ 8 design engineers from a variety of multi‐disciplined backgrounds.
To stay at the forefront of their industry they operate leading edge technologies and can 3D model, render, scan and 3d print as well as full FEA analysis.
In 2019, they decided to incorporate a technical services division who specialise in performing non‐destructive testing and asset maintenance for local authorities and asset owners and the division has gone from strength to strength and now requires a BDM / sales manager to develop and continue to grow the area with the support of their technical team.
The company offers a basic test or an advanced test to give their clients a valuable insight into the condition of street lighting columns.
With many lighting columns in the UK coming to the end of their designed lifespans, it has never been more important to have a sound knowledge of your existing assets, hence the untapped growth potential of this market.
Quality is very important and as such, they hold registration to ISO9001, 14001, 45001 and CE marking to EN40, EN1090 Exc 3 and EN12899. They are also members of British and European committees for the design of their products.
The successful candidate will focus on expanding the company’s market share of existing product lines by developing relationships with both new and existing customers.
You will work within a dynamic team, implementing their engineering knowledge within the working practices of the department.
Focus will also be placed on generating new leads that can be added to the company’s portfolio with a view to achieving the businesses ambitious growth plans.
The successful candidate will be forward thinking, self‐motivated, enthusiastic and be able to react quickly and effectively to opportunities that arise.
- Managing your own customers and generating your own leads.
- Managing and organising diary appointments.
- Reporting on sales activity, key customers, and new business opportunities.
- Maintaining an in depth understanding of the UK street lighting sector.
- Integrating with current management structure to meet common goals.
- Regular travel to meet with clients and generate new sales for the technical team
- Strong knowledge of non‐destructive testing methods or experience of working within the street lighting industry.
- Proven experience and successful in sales.
- Strong presentational skills.
- Previous experience of working with main contractors
- Knowledge or understanding of BS EN40, CD354 and GN22 would be advantageous but not essential
- Mobile phone.
- Laptop for remote working.
- Company vehicle.
- Willingness to travel around the UK.
Their central office is in Sutton‐in‐Ashfield, Nottinghamshire where you are welcome to integrate with the team and hold regular strategy review / implementation meetings however they are open to employing someone remotely so living locally isn't a must.
Hours of work:
- 40 hours per week, flexi working available
- On target commission of up to 15-20% of base salary
- Company car or car allowance provided
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis. Agency PAYE, Umbrella and CIS (if applicable) engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.