£38000 - £40000 per annum, Benefits: Holiday, Pension, Other Benefits
+44 (0)151 666 8999
2 months ago
£38-40k, pension, 25 days holiday, other benefits
A fantastic opportunity to join an expanding, forward thinking business in Deeside joining their large engineering team. This role is days based and will suit and experienced Electrically Qualified Engineer from a manufacturing background to help maintain the facility and lead a team of engineers.
This role suits someone used to working in within a fast moving manufacturing/FMCG, food, packaging environment, with the ability to work on proactive planned and reactive maintenance.
- Reporting into the Engineering Manager this role is responsible for a small team of engineers who’s overall responsibility is to look after all site plant and machinery requirements and maintenance
- Minimize potential downtime in the production process across the site
- Ensure the equipment and its environment is operated and cared for, meeting all current legislation and company standards
- Striving to continuously improve process efficiency, eliminating unnecessary costs from the business
- Repair and maintain all electrical factory equipment and machinery in a timely efficient manner
- Ensure departmental standard operating procedures are adhered to
- Ensure all reporting is well presented, comprehensive and fully completed
- Respond to breakdowns and carry out remedial work independently
- Working from and interpreting electrical schematic drawings
- Deliver ongoing training and identify development areas/training needs of team members
- Maintain excellent health and safety practice and carry out lock off procedures
- Include HS&E concerns/issues within regular documented team briefings, feedback relevant information to HS&E Manager using the appropriate documentation system
- Participate in meetings with senior members of production team and engineering team to discuss site maintenance and performance
- Can demonstrate excellent customer focused behaviours
- FMCG manufacturing background as part of a maintenance team
- Experience in a supervisory or leadership based role within maintenance
- Be used to working shift patters previously or be happy to work them
- Recognised qualification in Electrical engineering/time served HNC prefferable
- Experience on PLC fault finding, no programming required
- PC literate
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis. Agency PAYE, Umbrella and CIS (if applicable) engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.