£65000 - £75000 per annum
+44 (0)151 666 8953
about 2 months ago
The successful Category Procurement Manager / Senior Buyer will have previous strategic category management experience within logistics with excellent knowledge of 3PL and 4PL in an FMCG environment.
• Create and develop category and sourcing plans in conjunction with the logistics function
• Through negotiation, market intelligence and supplier knowledge negotiate lowest costs contracts
• Provide regular reporting on initiatives and cost reduction projects.
• Demonstrate commercial awareness leading negotiations across all areas of logistics 3rd party spend.
• Develop a network of strong supplier relationships to drive value.
• Make use of SRM tools and performance measures to drive supplier effectiveness.
• Manage all aspects of logistics spend throughout the life cycle.
• Operate as a subject matter expert across all logistics spend and act as a trusted partner to the logistics team and wider business.
• Drive working capital reduction across the category.
• Develop and maintain responsible suppliers ensuring they are maintained to a standard to meet Industry standards (e.g. BRC).
• Manage contracts professionally and accurately, while maintaining cost conditions and source lists.
• Professionally resolve problems both internally and externally in a fair and ethical manner while protecting the long-term interests of the team and company.
Package & benefits: £65,000 - £75,000 (inclusive of car), company pension, private medical, life assurance. Hybrid working - 3 days office based.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis. Agency PAYE, Umbrella and CIS (if applicable) engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.