£50000 per annum
+44 (0)151 666 8943
8 days ago
My client is looking for a self starter with a pro-active approach, good leadership skills and experience of maximising team performance through sound leadership and coaching techniques.
Due to continued growth and investment on site, this role offers further excellent career progression and development. You would work very closely with the Engineering lead and would have the opportunity to have a succession plan to promote into the Group Engineering Lead role within 2-3 years.
Your role will be to effectively manage engineering resources to ensure continuous improvement and optimisation of the plant and all equipment.
Engineering Manager - Summary of responsibilities:
- Develop ‘Line Plans’ identifying key areas of ‘downtime’ and remedial actions necessary to negate re-occurrence.
- Ensure all plant, equipment and Hard/soft building services are maintained to the highest standard.
- Prepare team briefs and group discussions to improve communication and motivation between all functions
- Be instrumental in the effective use of Manpower in relation to Planned Preventive Maintenance Scheduling and unplanned equipment failures.
- Drive Engineering standards, in particular Performance, Attitude, Workshop cleanliness, Job and Tool Audits.
- Deliver and support site legislative requirements focusing on Safety, Quality and Good Manufacturing practices.
- Adopt a proactive approach to resolving issues and improving plant throughput on a daily basis.
- Understand weekly expenditure and benefits gained through the adoption of a ‘Value for money’ approach to Cost Centre Management.
- Identify and manage cost effective area improvement projects to gain competitive advantage within the business.
- Manage and deliver small scale improvement projects and use sound CAPEX knowledge and presentation skills
- Ideally a min of 3 years experience in an Engineering Leadership role - our client will definitely consider those looking to step-up from Supervisor or Team Leader level. Depending on level of experience and exposure
- Recognised Mechanical / Electrical Engineering qualifications
- Proven track record of Front-Line Management
- FMCG Manufacturing experience although not essential
- Thorough understanding of PPM techniques
- Strong desire to develop and coach team performance.
- Ability to identify and implement Process improvements.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis. Agency PAYE, Umbrella and CIS (if applicable) engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.