£55000 per annum, Benefits: 38 days holiday, Bonus, Pension 12 % employer contribution, Life Assurance, Health Insurance, Employee Assistance Program, Private Health Care, 36.25 hours per week Monday - Friday
+44 (0)151 666 8999
22 days ago
FInsbury -London (remote working available)
£55k plus 30 days holiday + 8 bank holidays, Bonus, Pension up to 12 % employer contribution, Life Assurance, Health Insurance, Employee Assistance Program, Private Health Care, 36.25 hours per week Monday - Friday
A fantastic opportunity to join one of the worlds largest bulk liquid storage and distribution operator in the world. Due to company growth, they are seeking a SCADA/DCS specialist who will be responsible for managing and maintaining all aspects of SCADA and DCS control systems, system upgrades, design, development, and installation, ensuring business continuity and that systems and processes operate effectively, efficiently and safely.
This role joins a business in a really exciting time as they have a number of projects currently underway, and this role will also help support project teams in by delivering SCADA & DCS support and ensuring risks to operation of plant and equipment are recognised, assessed and mitigated as well as providing technical support to maintenance teams, operations and Asset Technical.
The office for this role is Finsbury but the role is remote working based currently, so the individual would need to be based local enough to travel to Finsbury where required but comfortable with home working.
- Understand process control issues and develop control solutions, working collaboratively with designers and operations
- DCS/SCADA/PLC support, fault finding and repair
- Managing equipment vendors and contractors to troubleshoot and resolve issues
- Routine systems maintenance & support - backup, DR planning and testing, systems prognostic (system log analyses) and diagnosis.
- Provide emergency responses to downtime events
- Analysing data and presenting findings in written reports
- Liaising with internal customers, suppliers, contractors and relevant authorities
- Purchasing equipment
- Modifying/writing control system software and test procedures
- Developing and responding to new business proposals (EQ's)
- Developing and maintaining system data and information libraries
- Produce/review engineering deliverables including: SoW, GA's, SLD, schematics, network diagrams, loop drawings, cable and Junction Box Schedules, etc.
- Review Software and Hardware designs (PCS, DCS, SIS, PLC and SCADA)
- Preparation of handover work packs, commissioning procedures and on-site commissioning
- Participate in C&I documentation reviews, P&ID reviews, HAZOPs and LOPAs, FATs and
- Preparation of specifications and control philosophies.
- Work to standard, procedures and work instructions for Safety Critical Tasks in order to meet COMAH requirements. Assessment of Competency will form an ongoing part of this role.
- Ensure all tasks carried out conform to company policies, procedures and systems.
- Working experience with relevant qualifications, degree or equivalent and applicable industry-based experience
- A high level of self-motivation is required, with a curiosity and a desire to engage with, and learn about new technologies hardware
- Experienced in design of process control systems - DCS/ESD/SIS and PLC/SCADA
- Good knowledge of IEC624443, NIST &
- OG86 cyber security standards
- Experience in a COMAH regulated industry or chemical or oil and gas experience
- Significant experience of DCS/SCADA/PLC support, fault finding and setup
- SCADA/GUI and industrial controller application development experience in LAD, FBD, ST and SFC.
- Experience in Windows Server admin & support as well as PC
- Experience of site commissioning and troubleshooting
- Experience in supervising site installation works, industrial network installations
- and commissioning
- Experience in FAT/SAT
- Experience in software and hardware design review of DCS and SIS systems or PLC and SCADA systems
- Working knowledge of Regulations and DSEAR (ATEX), COMAH and COM
- Working Knowledge of applicable
- standards such as: BS 7671, BS EN 60079, IEC 62443/0G86, BS EN 61508, BS EN
- 61511, BS EN 62061 & EEMUA 191
- Industrial protocol experience e.g .
- Modbus RTU/TCP, Profibus etc; Networking, Cyber Security & OPC interfaces for SCADA & PLC
- Experience in various vendors DCS/PLC & SCADA systems
- Experience supporting incidents and being the point of contact with vendors.
- Experience supervising projects and vendors.
- IT experienced in Network Management, Windows Server, Virtualisation
- Able to demonstrate previous experience of PLC, SCADA or DCS programming
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis. Agency PAYE, Umbrella and CIS (if applicable) engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.