£44500 per annum, Benefits: Good Pension, Private Health, Life Assurance, Flexi Holiday Scheme, 26 days + 8 days holiday,
+44 (0)151 666 8999
23 days ago
£44500 plus Good Pension, Private Health, Life Assurance, Flexi Holiday Scheme, 26 days + 8 days holiday,
Shift Pattern: 4 on 4 off 2 days 2 nights
A fantastic opportunity to join one of the largest manufacturers in the area, with a world renowned client based and over 300 staff present on site. This is a 24/7 facility offering real stability and long term opportunity to develop and progress.
Due to a restructure they have an opening for a Mechanical Maintenance Engineer to join their growing engineering department, split across 5 teams.
This role is responsible for onsite mechanical maintenance across a range of production lines and equipment, to work in both a proactive and reactive way to ensure production keeps running.
Should you come from a manufacturing/industrial environment, where you’re used to maintaining business critical equipment across hydraulics, pneumatics and associated work then feel free to apply for this role.
- Onsite maintenance and engineering support for site assets to ensure OEE is maximised Working on planned preventative maintenance (PPM) schedules, in Pirana
- Assisting Shift Technicians on reactive maintenance
- Completing planned maintenance tasks designated by Mechanical Lead
- Prioritising workload
- Completion of engineering work orders, providing feedback and future learnings
- Completion of engineering documents / records
- Working in a positive manner and is open to a new tasks and challenges
- Fully utilise stock control systems including input, management and improvement activities associated within.
- Training and development of co-workers as required i.e. apprentices and other maintenance department staff
- Reduction of engineering downtime and improve overall productivity.
- Time served Industrial Mechanical Engineer ONC/HNC in Mechanical Engineering Knowledge of PUWER regulations
- Lifting and slinging MEWP & forklift truck licence & IOSH Working Safely (desirable)
- Welding (Desirable)
- Engineering knowledge of printing presses and blown film extrusion lines;(desirable but not essential)
- Understanding of Continuous Improvement & Operational Excellence tools and techniques.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis. Agency PAYE, Umbrella and CIS (if applicable) engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.