£41000 per annum
+44 (0)151 666 8943
24 days ago
A leading FMCG Food Manufacturer in South Manchester is currently seeking a Multi Skilled Engineer to join their engineering team. The purpose of the Multi Skilled Engineer role is to ensure the site machinery and equipment runs efficiently and safely, maintaining all machines and services to the highest possible standard at all times.
"Monday to Friday, 7am-7pm OR 7pm-7am"
1x week of days
1x week of nights
1x week OFF
Multi-Skilled Engineer - Brief summary of responsibilities:
- Ensure planned preventative maintenance tasks are carried out using computerised maintenance system
- Improve efficiency's in manufacturing processes
- Provide engineering cover when required, including weekends and maintain engineering stock levels.
- Manage contractors safely when they are required on site ensuring compliance with Permit to Work Systems at all times.
- Ensure all food manufacturing standards are achieved and compliance with company Quality Policies and any customer audit standards including BRC Grade AA+ compliance relating to Engineering.
- Actively support other departments, building team working across departments and pro-actively promote and identify continuous improvement opportunities.
- Ensure that the plant conforms to health and safety legislation and that company Health and Safety standards are met in all of your activities providing a safe working environment for all employees, contractors and visitors to our sites.
The ideal candidate will be Multi-Skilled with Electrical Bias and have some experience of working in a food or FMCG manufacturing environment. You will need to have the relevant engineering qualifications (Min NVQ Level 3 or equivalent). Lean / CI experience would be desirable.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis. Agency PAYE, Umbrella and CIS (if applicable) engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.