North East England
£45,000 + Benefits
+44 (0)151 666 8954
25 days ago
£40,000 - £45,000 (plus benefits including Private Healthcare, Bonus and Pension etc)
Newcastle Upon Tyne, Gateshead, South Shields, North Shields, Sunderland, Durham, Northumberland, Tyne and Wear, North East.
A leading FMCG Manufacturer in North East is currently seeking an Engineering Manager to join their expanding Engineering team. Your role will be to effectively manage engineering resources to ensure continuous improvement and optimisation of the plant and all equipment. You will be a self starter with a pro-active approach, with strong leadership skills and a strong track record of maximising team performance through sound leadership and coaching techniques.
Key Accountability for Engineering Manager:
• Develop ‘Line Plans’ identifying key areas of ‘downtime’ and remedial actions necessary to negate re-occurrence.
• Ensure all plant, equipment and Hard/soft building services are maintained to the highest standard.
• Be instrumental in the effective use of Manpower in relation to Planned Preventive Maintenance Scheduling and unplanned equipment failures.
• Strive to forge strong bonds with operations, becoming more aligned and customer orientated as a result.
• Drive Engineering standards, in particular Performance, Attitude, Workshop cleanliness, Job and Tool Audits.
• Deliver and support site legislative requirements focusing on Safety, Quality and Good Manufacturing practices.
• Adopt a proactive approach to resolving issues and improving plant throughput on a daily basis.
• Understand weekly expenditure and benefits gained through the adoption of a ‘Value for money’ approach to Cost Centre Management.
• Identify and manage cost effective area improvement projects to gain competitive advantage within the business.
• Manage and deliver small scale improvement projects and use sound CAPEX knowledge and presentation skills
Required skills & experience:
• Ideally 5 years experience in a similar managerial Engineering role within FMCG manufacturing setting.
• Recognised Mechanical / Electrical Engineering qualification.
• Proven track record of Front-Line Management
• Thorough understanding of PPM techniques
• Strong desire to develop and coach team performance.
• Ability to identify and implement Process improvements.
Applications via CV submission only.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis. Agency PAYE, Umbrella and CIS (if applicable) engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.