£300 - £400 per day
+44 (0)151 666 8972
about 1 month ago
Our Client specialises in the delivery of transport strategy and commitments in order to keep Greater Manchester moving.
An opportunity has arisen for a distribution Project Engineer to support them with a capacity Improvement Programme.
The contract duration will be a minimum of 6 months, with a possible extension and will commence in December '21.
Location: Hybrid, mainly remote, but some meetings at TfGM offices and the occasional site visit.
Activities will include:
- To provide electrical distribution engineering support to the Metrolink Capacity Improvement Programme, ensuring works are specified, designed and constructed to the desired quality and reliability to realise the benefits required from the works.
- Either light or heavy rail electrification experience particularly traction substation knowledge.
- Preferable to have DC electrification experience along with Test and Commission experience.
- Attend project progress meetings to support the Project Manager on technical issues.
- Input into the tender evaluation process.
- Review and respond to RFIs (request for information) & clarity from the Design and Build Invitation to Tender as required.
- Attend design reviews to ensure that the designer has understood TfGM’s requirements.
- Undertake design reviews and coordinate response from other discipline engineers in the Metrolink engineering team.
- Ensure the Metrolink Engineering Assurance Procedure is followed.
- Attend hazard identification workshops.
- Provide the TfGM lead for testing and commissioning
- Witness testing activities undertaken by the contractor.
- Support the interface with the Metrolink operator for the smooth transfer of the new asset into operation and maintenance.
- Undertake snagging visits, collate and manage the snag list.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis. Agency PAYE, Umbrella and CIS (if applicable) engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.