£38750 per annum
+44 (0)151 666 8943
30 days ago
Shifts: 8 hours per day, 40 hours PW
5am-2pm / 1pm-10pm rotating (1x Sunday in 5)
A leading FMCG Food Manufacturer in Leeds is seeking an Electrical Bias Multi Skilled Engineer to ensure production downtime is minimized, machine performance is continually enhanced, and improved efficiencies are achieved on the line. This is a small manufacturing facility with complex plant and equipment requiring dedicated engineering support to prevent and troubleshoot machine issues as they arise.
Reporting into the Engineering Manager, you will play a key role as part of the Engineering team in the proactive, reactive and corrective maintenance activity required to ensure continuous production
Multi Skilled Engineer - Core responsibilities:
- Electrical & Mechanical preventative and reactive maintenance on machinery and equipment
- Ensure that equipment is fit for purpose on a daily basis and attend breakdowns as necessary
- Document and monitor all line downtime and breakdowns
- Ensure a robust shift handover, report issues to be prioritised
- Ensure critical issues are raised to minimise disruption to operational performance
- Complete routine fault finding and assist with PLC programming; participate in SCADA/PLC training to provide cover
- Assist production with machine setup and train on basic machine activity
- Control contractors on site, completing permits to work and relevant documentation
- Ensure plant and equipment is operated and operating in the correct manner in line with H&S
- Ensure housekeeping standards are maintained and all activity complies with H&S procedures
- Re-order spare parts and materials to ensure that stock levels are maintained
- Work on capital projects and implement changes to equipment
We are looking for an Electrically biased Multi Skilled Maintenance Engineer, with significant post apprenticeship experience and an Engineering qualification in Electrical and / or Mechanical maintenance. You will have manufacturing industry experience, ideally FMCG, Packaging or Food. You will have extensive skills in relation to Electrical Systems, Electrical Control, Fault finding and Mechanical Engineering. You’ll also have experience of PLC’s and pneumatics. Experience of Continuous Techniques would be advantageous.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis. Agency PAYE, Umbrella and CIS (if applicable) engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.