£60000 - £80000 per annum, Benefits: Package
+44 (0)151 666 8999
about 1 month ago
Background experience in Nuclear, Engineering, Defence or Energy sectors.
Project/Product Quality Assurance, Control and Compliance with Customer Contract Quality Requirements and ANL QA/QC defined processes across the Project Life Cycle (Tender to Delivery and where applicable by contract Site Installation).
The scope of the role covers acting as the Operational Quality representative with responsibility for ensuring that working undertaken comply with organisational, customer and other interested parties needs and the requirements of any national/international standards and codes of practice, legal or statutory requirements within the industry sectors the business operates.
To support the deployment and management ANL Project/Product Quality and Document deliverables, in accordance with Customer, Regulatory and Business needs through
- The development and maintenance of a Project Quality Governance that includes a programme of internal auditing, project reviews and project key performance indicators to facilitate achievement of project milestones and objectives and to assure compliance to customer requirements.
- The interface with Customers, External bodies and lead ANL response to support audit requests.
- Coordination of Quality improvement plans across the Project, driving continuous improvement, LFE, and embedding Assurance across the Project
- Coordination of Project Quality (& Design)
- Coordination of Project Quality training and awareness plans.
- Coordinate Business & Project Quality internal corrective and preventive action activities and assure effective and efficient close out of actions.
- Coordinate and manage the approval of supply chain quality requirements and expediting interfaces
Management of the associated Project/Product Quality objectives and deliverables discharged through the Project QA/QC delivery teams and resources covering all 'make' and 'buy' associated QA/QC verification and validation activities.
The role requires the effective planning, management and deployment of QA/QC resources, management of associated budget/spend, schedule & risk and reporting performance.
Essential role related knowledge, technical skills, qualifications and experience
- 5-10 tears in management role within Engineering, Defence, or Energy sectors of which at least 3 years' experience in a Quality Management Role
- Management/supervisory experience (3-5 years)
- A good influencer, somebody who is able to work effectively with cross-functional colleagues and customers to achieve business goals.
- Technically competent and able to use own initiative to provide solutions to problems.
- Systematic, thorough with strong analytical skills
- Knowledge of ISO 9001, EN 3834, EN1090
- NVQ Level 3 or higher - Engineering or Construction or equivalent
- Internal Audit Experience (Product/Process)
- Inspection and testing small and large components and fabrications;
- Appreciation of general and structural steel fabrication;
- Management of project QA/QC requirements and resources;
- Experience and application of:
Graded Approach to Quality
Heat Treatment Processes, Coating Processes, Material Traceability; Client/customer/customer QAR and notified body interface role; Supplier QA/QC product verification; QC surveillance/audit.
Welding/NOT techniques, processes and application
Developing and implementing Project Quality Plans and procedures. o leading investigations I problem solving
Delivering bespoke QA/QC Training Material
- High level of competence in MS Office products
- Successful applicant will be required to be security cleared to at least SC level without restrictions for this appointment
- Engineering Apprenticeship (Time served)
- CSWIP (3.0, 3.1, 3.2)
- Chartered Q status or working towards this
- Lead Auditor in ISO 9001with Internal audit of ISO 14001 and/or OHSAS 18001
- In in-depth understanding of and the ability to interpret Quality related legislation, Company standards and programme requirements in order to pass on knowledge and requirements to others.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis. Agency PAYE, Umbrella and CIS (if applicable) engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.