£70000 - £90000 per annum, Benefits: Car allowance, 20% bonus, 25 days holiday with 5 extra to buy, life assurance
+44 (0)151 666 8923
3 months ago
The company provide engineering and design services for key clients within predominantly nuclear and oil & gas markets, however other growth service offerings include Energy, Water, Transport and Infrastructure markets.
This role will be a mixture of discipline leadership and control & instrumentation technical Leadership.
The successful Head of Control & Instrumentation will be responsible for:
- Provide resource to multiple projects, ensuring skill set match project demand
- Ensure the department budget and utilisation targets are achieved
- Forecast resource requirements and recruit staff and agency as required
- Be responsible for performance management of resources
- Support work winning, tendering and manhour estimate production
- Provide reports, risk registers, forecasts, support ad-hoc opportunities, provide resource internally
- Responsible for C&I Technical assurance, with a focus on engineering and design operations as part of a multi-discipline technically focused team
- Support at all stages of project delivery and client engagement
- Develop engineering / design and build phase estimates for projects and studies
- Strong understanding of project risks and mitigation measures
- Responsible for achieving safe-by-design, compliant, future proofed, cost-effective, sustainable, digitally enabled C&I output.
- Responsible for C&I corporate processes, including technical, competency, software systems, technical standards, innovation and ensuring lessons learnt are embedded.
- Aid the professional development of individuals and coordinate with professional institutions.
Background / Experience Required
- Ideally Degree qualified, HNC / HND and a Chartered Engineer
- Recent UK experience
- Collaborative, responsive and agile outlook, underpinned with safety focus
- Experience of working in a number of sectors, ideally some of the following: water, highways, rail, power, industrial, nuclear
- Experience in some or all of control, safety and security system engineering and design
- Understanding of whole delivery process from work winning to scheme handover in a number of sectors
- Proven ability in training, mentoring and team development
This role is primarily based in the North West/Manchester region of the UK, with a flexible / dynamic working policy. However flexibility and the ability to travel mainly across the UK and visit project sites / suppliers, at short notice may be an occasional requirement
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis. Agency PAYE, Umbrella and CIS (if applicable) engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.