£36000 per annum
+44 (0)151 666 8943
about 1 month ago
4 on 4 off (2 days, 2 nights), 7am-7pm / 7pm-7am
Lots of overtime available
To maintain a wide range of production equipment as well as general maintenance and installation within the Company planned preventative maintenance system, on line fault finding and process development on a day to day basis with responsibility of working on one’s own initiative during shifts, reporting to the Lead Engineer.
- Work as an active part of a skilled cross functional planned maintenance team.
- Ensure correct Health & Safety, Food Safety and Hygiene standards are adhered to at all times.
- Ensure a fast and effective response especially under breakdown conditions.
- Quickly diagnose faults and take corrective action.
- Assist and support mechanical engineers with their duties.
- Actively participate in a Continuous Improvement culture throughout the site, constantly identifying opportunities to improve efficiencies and reduce waste.
- Assist in the training of fellow maintenance engineers, Operator-Technicians and others where necessary.
- Ensure planned maintenance work is completed to strict schedules, and constantly look for improvements that will ensure reliability of equipment is improved.
- Ensure good working practices are adhered to throughout.
- Work on various projects including installation and modifications to plant and equipment.
We will consdier electrical or mechanical bias and are looking for experience in a manufacturing / FMCG environment. Food experience would be an advantage. You will need to hold the appropriate engineering qualifications. (Ideally NVQ Level 3 minimum).
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis. Agency PAYE, Umbrella and CIS (if applicable) engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.