£63000 - £75000 per annum, Benefits: Pension, Holiday, Private Health, Other benefits
+44 (0)151 666 8999
about 2 months ago
Bonus 15%, Days (8:30am-5:30pm – Monday to Thursday & 08:30am- 3:45pm Friday), Private Health, Enhanced Maternity/Paternity, Excellent Pension, Relocation Support
An exciting new role generated through internal promotion for an experienced Engineering Programme Manager from a NPD background within a Pharmaceutical environment. This role will lead Technical Engineering discussion with new customers and our clients Engineering team to ensure new product delivery is delivered on time and on budget.
Should you come from a background within manufacturing where you’re used to dealing with new product delivery programs this role would suit. The role’s main remit is to work with clients and our clients own manufacturing facility to ensure products can be manufactured in minimum time and cost and at maximum capacity as soon as possible.
- Proactively lead engineering related technical discussions with each new customer, leading the compilation of the engineering aspects of each new business proposal (strategy and cost), whilst also liaising with the Engineering & HSE function as required
- Understand the processes, equipment, materials and ways of working used for commercial products within our site and (working collaboratively with others as appropriate) (i) identify how each new product enquiry can be manufactured within our factory at minimum cost and maximum capacity and (ii) propose engineering solutions for new products such that they can be technically transferred with minimised cost and time into commercial products
- Front the engineering aspects of quotations/proposals, working directly with the customer’s team to understand their requirements, propose solutions and promote our clients capabilities
- Progress New Product Introduction (NPI) projects as project team member and/or project leader as and when necessary, liaising and communicating across linked companies as required to understand and focus on critical paths and interdependencies along with understanding of issues/risks and agreed mitigations/actions
- Define and closely monitor the project budget (including resources), ensuring all operational activities are appropriately invoiced and the spend tracked against agreed budgets, with deviations from the agreed quotation/budget discussed and resolved in a timely manner with stakeholders
- Author/deliver communication materials/reports/proposals to the customer as required
- Liaise with the Head of Engineering to ensure the required engineering standards, skills and inputs for each new initiative are defined and available
- Provide a high level of practical and technical challenge to ways of working, process set up, investigation, report review and regulatory submission in relation to new business, as required
- Coordinate efforts to successfully ensure that the factory can accept new and potentially complex customer products from inception to routine commercial supply
- Assist in the investigation of accidents with the objective of introducing measures to prevent recurrence
- The ability to deal with Customers on both technical and non-technical queries
- The ability to deal with Suppliers on both technical and non-technical issues
- Degree in an appropriate engineering discipline
- At least 5 years’ experience in an engineering role within a pharmaceutical
- manufacturing environment
- Strong technical understanding of processes, equipment and systems used in the
- manufacture of drug/device combination products,
- Ability to manage a multidisciplined team
- Strong facilitation and communication skills with an ability to influence at all levels
- Good coaching, consulting and team-building skills with a proven ability in people
- Able to travel globally within the needs of the role
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis. Agency PAYE, Umbrella and CIS (if applicable) engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.