£60000 - £66000 per annum
+44 (0)151 666 8953
about 2 months ago
This Financial Controller will provide strong financial control of a £50M turnover organisation and manage the businesses exposure to risk through the provision of first class financial management processes.
The successful Financial Controller will be ACA, CIMA or ACCA qualified, ideally having experience working within an SME manufacturing environment. You will need to demonstrate having worked in a commercially focused environment where you have successfully built relationships outside of finance, influenced and effected action/change.
Key responsibilities include:
- Provides leadership to the Finance team.
- Facilitate development of direct reports, through annual development plans
- Lead financial planning processes (budgeting and forecasting) and analyse the performance of the manufacturing sites in line with the business plan, recommending improvements in revenue, costs and margins.
- Be proactive in influencing the commercial decision making within the business ensuring that profit margins and service levels are maximised.
- Provide a visible presence to the finance team; carrying out regular communications.
- Identify all aspects of financial risk and inform the Board of Directors; develop the appropriate solutions to mitigate them.
- Ensure the business has sound financial processes and design internal controls to ensure compliance of financial and operational processes with the various stakeholder requirements.
- Ensure the provision of timely and accurate financial data for both external and internal reporting requirements whilst constantly looking to develop the Finance function
- Carry out monthly re-forecasting against P&L and cash flow advising the Board of Directors of any key changes to plan.
- Establish robust controls. Manage cash and cash availability. Ensure the working capital of the business is appropriate and tightly controlled.
- Drive significant improvements in relation to the interpretation of financial performance.
- Manage and coordinate all statutory requirements.
Application via CV
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis. Agency PAYE, Umbrella and CIS (if applicable) engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.