North West England
+44 (0)151 666 8999
22 days ago
Full time / Permanent – Northwest
Contractual hours of work are 37.5 hours a week
Salary - DOE
This role has come about due to rapid growth, and it’s a very exciting time to join the team.
Do you want to feel inspired every day? Be part of a company that what to succeed together through passion, commitment, and teamwork?
Lots of opportunities to really develop your career within a stable and growing business, rewarded with a competitive salary. This role will report directly to QC Manager
Duties will include:
- Approving specifications, sampling instructions, test methods and other quality control procedures
- Ensuring all necessary testing is undertaken on ingredients, packaging materials, and finished products
- Evaluating batch records and approving/rejecting ingredients, packaging materials, and finished products
- Responsible for ensuring that all working areas and surrounding areas are compliant to GLP, GMP, and are well kept and maintained
- Authorship and review of SOPs, Protocols and Risk Assessments, preparation and review of OOS investigations and deviation reports.
- Ensuring that all test methods used in the QC Laboratory have been validated appropriately and that test results are recorded and checked
- Involvement in audits both from internal and external parties
- Undertaking transfer of newly developed test methods into routine QC testing, validating them to internationally recognised regulatory guidelines
- MSc in Analytical Chemistry, Biochemistry, Pharmaceutical Sciences or equivalent experience
- Experience of working within a pharmaceutical quality assurance laboratory and knowledge of different types of accreditation (UKAS 17025, pharma GLP) An understanding of chemical food safety analysis and food matrix validation
- A working knowledge and practical experience with method development and validation of analytical techniques such as such as FT‐IR, immunoassay, immunoblotting and electrophoresis, HPLC, UV, FTIR and LCMS
- Dedication to the role and the business exhibited through attendance and a willingness and desire to learn and take part in areas and projects outside of the scope of the role
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to develop and maintain relationships internally and externally to the business
To apply please forward your details for immediate consideration
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis. Agency PAYE, Umbrella and CIS (if applicable) engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.