£55 - £60 per hour
+44 (0)151 666 8972
11 days ago
Our Client provides engineering services to the Energy, Water, Transportation and Defence sectors. Due to an increase in workload they are currently seeking to recruit a Principal HSE Engineer with Oil and Gas experience, preferably Gas plant/processing.
- To act as Principal Design HSE engineer on projects and proposals with responsibility for technical quality and meeting programme and cost targets.
- To carry out Design HSE work on such projects, and supervise junior engineers where appropriate.
- To assist the Chief Design HSE Engineer with resource planning and to monitor and report design progress and man-hour usage.
- To work in a collaborative multi-disciplinary project delivery team, through proactive liaison with other disciplines and the Client and to ensure integration of Design HSE into the overall engineering design.
- To support the Design HSE Technical Authority in technical development of the function.
- To offer advice and support to colleagues and subordinates taking into account work activities, experience and circumstances.
The candidate should have a minimum 10 years’ experience in process contracting; minimum 5 years’ experience in the energy sector and minimum 5 years’ experience in the field of Design HSE.
The candidate should have experience of significant contribution to Technical Safety / Design HSE discipline input to projects during FEED and Detail Design. Experience working on small to medium FEED and EPC/EPCM brownfield projects in the UK Onshore Oil & Gas Sector, particularly on-shore gas compression would be ideal. Experience in other sectors, particularly Pakistan gas sector, will be beneficial.
First degree in Chemical Engineering (Mandatory) with Masters in Chemical Engineering or Process Safety Management preferred.
Chartered Engineer preferred
*CSCS Card (Academically or Professionally Qualified Person as applicable)
Competencies Required include:
Design Health and Safety Management Planning; Hazard and Risk identification & management; Fire & explosion consequence modelling; Management of 3rd Party specialist input e.g. F&G mapping, noise studies; DSEAR compliance; Human Factors Management; Active and Passive Fire protection.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis. Agency PAYE, Umbrella and CIS (if applicable) engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.