£45 - £47 per hour
+44 (0)151 666 8972
about 2 months ago
Our Client provides engineering services to the Energy, Water, Transportation and Defence sectors.
Due to an increase in workload they are seeking to recruit a Senior Process Engineer with significant knowledge and experience in the design of onshore Gas Processing Facilities to work on a FEED brownfield project delivering process studies and FEED activities/deliverables to modify an existing Gas Processing Facility in Pakistan for ENI Pakistan for late field operation.
The candidate should have:
- a degree in Chemical Engineering is essential
- chartered engineer status preferred
- a minimum of 8 years’ experience in an engineering consultancy or contracting design environment
- significant knowledge and experience in the process development and design of natural gas terminals
- worked on several FEED and/or detailed design brownfield projects
The project will be based at their Manchester Office. Office working requirements will be flexible. Some weeks it might be 1 day and others a full week depending on the project requirements, which an expectation that it will be 2 or 3 days per week on average.
CONTRACT SENIOR PROCESS ENGINEER ROLE SPECIFICATION
A Senior Process Engineer will be an experienced engineer capable of performing complex technical work on major projects with limited supervision and may have specific specialisms within their discipline. The role will report to the Lead Process Engineer for assigning specific work scopes on the project and to the Discipline Lead for Process Engineering for contract management.
• To perform assigned process engineering scopes of work, following company and client standards and procedures. Responsibility for quality, programme and cost targets for assigned work.
• To check design work by others in accordance with company procedures.
• To represent Process Engineering in discussions and meetings with client, vendors and third parties.
• To work in a collaborative multi-disciplinary project delivery team, through proactive liaison with other disciplines and to ensure integration of Process Engineering design requirements into the overall engineering design.
• To ensure personal compliance with company policy, relevant legislation and company and client’s requirements for Quality, Health, Safety and Environmental matters and work in such a manner not to cause personal harm or injury to fellow workers, client and subcontractor employees or the environment.
• The role is based in the Manchester Office and may require travel to company, supplier or client offices or sites for business purposes.
Specific Competencies Required
• UK Regulatory environment
• Relevant industry codes, standards and guidelines for the Oil & Gas sector
• Experience in the full project lifecycle including significant FEED/Detailed Design experience.
• Extensive knowledge and experience in Gas Processing Technology and Compression.
• Competent in Process Simulation (Aspen HYSYS preferred)
• Heat and Material Balances, Process Flow Diagrams, Process Design Philosophies and P&ID’s
• Sizing and specification of Process requirements for Major Process Equipment; Utility Equipment; Equipment Packages; Piping and Instrumentation
• Hazard Study including HAZID and HAZOP
• Functional Safety Management including SIL Classification using LOPA methodology
• Relief and Blowdown calculations
• Technical Risk Management
• Commercial Awareness
• Proactive, self-motivated and outcomes orientated with strong interpersonal skills
• Effective communicator and motivator
• Strong technical writing skills
• Excellent IT skills including Microsoft Word
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis. Agency PAYE, Umbrella and CIS (if applicable) engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.